Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The 'this LSD member is just an arrogant jerk ' thread  (Read 19073 times)

Lionking

Re: The 'this LSD member is just an arrogant jerk ' thread
« Reply #290 on: July 03, 2006, 06:31:18 PM »

:D :D :D

EXCELLENT thread. Seriously. I hope it stays around for a long time as a weapon against assholes.

thanks goes out to all the ppl who make it possible for this thread to stay alive. without your comments, our world would be one of thoughtful discourse and understanding....if you had any familiarity with those concepts, this board would not be what it is: a fountain of hate-o-rade.

this weeks quote:

I was kind of in the same situation as you a few months back (Yale vs. NYU$$$). If I had to choose between those schools, I would have to say TAKE THE LSAT AGAIN!!. Please take my advice to heart. With some real dedication you can get that LSAT score you really want. Remember, "Rome wasn't built in a day", so set those goals a little higher and aim for Ivy!

Ron Shivenstein you are a bastard. the op started a thread about her dilema, attending hofstra ft to uop pt. now i would assume most ppl would bring up the pros and cons of each school, what decision her personal situation would merit and so on and so forth. some would even bring up similar situations to perhaps provide guidence.

But our friend Ron Shivenstein takes it to the next level. i want to believe he truly thinks he can help, but as we all know, jerks just love to talk about how prestigious they are. i am beside myself in rage that this guy. he just seeps with elitism and self importance. he knows nothing about the op's personally history, yet implores the op to LSAT again, he even says it from the heart... as though she MUST listen to his advice or face the dreadful future. getting into an ivy is a great accomplisahment, but for us mere mortals we must deal with the situation given to us as we see fit, and his elistism brings nothing to the board. this guy is trash and belongs in the trash. worst off...you messed with a great friend of mine, which mean you can never be forgiven.

Ron Shivenstein

• SHIVENSTEIN!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #291 on: July 03, 2006, 06:34:06 PM »
Honestly, I don't understand why so many of you are green. People ask questions, and I give them answers. Maybe my replies are not what the common man wants to hear but they are the truth. Stop settling for less!! Just think, one more hour per night would make a world of difference. The LSAT is crucial in the admission's process. ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAMN DAY!!!

-Shivenstein "The Philosopher King"

thanks goes out to all the ppl who make it possible for this thread to stay alive. without your comments, our world would be one of thoughtful discourse and understanding....if you had any familiarity with those concepts, this board would not be what it is: a fountain of hate-o-rade.

this weeks quote:

I was kind of in the same situation as you a few months back (Yale vs. NYU$$$). If I had to choose between those schools, I would have to say TAKE THE LSAT AGAIN!!. Please take my advice to heart. With some real dedication you can get that LSAT score you really want. Remember, "Rome wasn't built in a day", so set those goals a little higher and aim for Ivy!

Ron Shivenstein you are a bastard. the op started a thread about her dilema, attending hofstra ft to uop pt. now i would assume most ppl would bring up the pros and cons of each school, what decision her personal situation would merit and so on and so forth. some would even bring up similar situations to perhaps provide guidence.

But our friend Ron Shivenstein takes it to the next level. i want to believe he truly thinks he can help, but as we all know, jerks just love to talk about how prestigious they are. i am beside myself in rage that this guy. he just seeps with elitism and self importance. he knows nothing about the op's personally history, yet implores the op to LSAT again, he even says it from the heart... as though she MUST listen to his advice or face the dreadful future. getting into an ivy is a great accomplisahment, but for us mere mortals we must deal with the situation given to us as we see fit, and his elistism brings nothing to the board. this guy is trash and belongs in the trash. worst off...you messed with a great friend of mine, which mean you can never be forgiven.
LSAT: 177

VASSAR '05

SCgrad

« Reply #292 on: July 05, 2006, 07:27:51 AM »
Honestly, I don't understand why so many of you are green. People ask questions, and I give them answers. Maybe my replies are not what the common man wants to hear but they are the truth. Stop settling for less!! Just think, one more hour per night would make a world of difference. The LSAT is crucial in the admission's process. ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAMN DAY!!!

-Shivenstein "The Philosopher King"

The genius/prick shtick doesn't work when you make so many grammatical errors and repeat the same sad *&^% over and over.

HTH

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 05, 2006, 03:39:56 PM »
plus, vassar is a girlie school, as we have already discussed.

From Wiki:  "The halls in Main Building were built wide enough to accommodate two hoop skirts side by side when the girls did their exercises during poor weather."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vassar_College

Yeah, Vassar's right up there with Sarah Lawrence and Connecticut College (yep, I failed outta there!).

Manwithaplan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 24, 2006, 05:19:55 PM »
i'm bringing this thread back to life because it is the right thing to do. each new applicant pool needs to drink deep from the hatorade. ENJOY!
USD Law grad

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 10, 2006, 08:46:53 AM »
Ladies and Gents, I present - Zinfandel.  I think it's the same person as prestigeesq, and possibly breadboy's evil twin

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,77722.msg1822186.html#msg1822186

"If you have less than a 170 on the LSAT it probably means that you won't get into a top 5 law school and are not smart enough to do well at a bottom T14 school.  Anyone disagree?"

AND

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,53330.msg1822214.html#msg1822214

"I am probably going to Harvard. I am sure that many of you guys will enjoy competing to become my paralegals and legal assistants."

AND

I missed this thread.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 10, 2006, 10:05:54 AM »
Nice work, Al!
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 10, 2006, 10:11:01 AM »
Nice work, Al!

i'm not gonna go through and read every page,
but it would be funny to find a link to zamora's thread

/just sayin'

redemption

« Reply #298 on: December 10, 2006, 03:20:54 PM »
I nominate this post:

a 177 is pretty damned good.

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 10, 2006, 03:29:15 PM »
I nominate this post:

a 177 is pretty damned good.

See, that sounds reasonable to me, especially in the context of trying to make the guy feel better about his chances.  I've probably just been in my first-year bubble for too long.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .