Law School Discussion

The 'this LSD member is just an arrogant jerk ' thread

Re: The 'this LSD member is just an arrogant jerk ' thread
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2006, 12:37:45 PM »
also, when you (norcaldude)  tell ppl that they will amount to nothing with they dont go to this or that school, it makes ppl dislike your posts. you say that going to these schools will turn out to be a negative investment, bc they will not make enough to justify the cost of tuition. you have no data to back up the claim that pppl who do not attend t14 schools are less successful than those who attend t14. but worst of all, you disparage what in the end is a personal choice of a law school canidate, as not good enough to YOUR own standards. you have appointed yourself judge of who will qualify as a success in the future when you know nothing of their personal history or the decision making process which has led a person to go to 'x' school. instead, you use a magazine's cut off line as a measure of sucess when you can provide no empiracal data that those who go to non t14 schools are beholden to t14 graduates at 60.

i don't understand why you feel entitled to put down others personal choices.

« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2006, 01:07:36 PM »
Ahem...

First of all, I'm glad that this thread has turned into a brawl. It started off with a bunch of people nominating themselves and making silly jokes. I was hoping some mud-slinging and confrontational posts would emerge; they have.

Second of all, if you are doing cost-benefit analyses to decide whether or not you should go to law school, you aren't interested in studying the law. If your parents are footing the bill, or you naturally gifted so that you can score high on LSAT and do well in class without genuine intrigue in the field, then God bless... However, if you are willing to give up on law school because you did not get into a "T14" school, you should either choose another degree to pursue or stick with your undergraduate diploma. Moreover, I am pretty sick of hearing about people who are pursuing a legal career for solely financial purposes. It is understandable, but it still sickens me.

« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2006, 01:15:19 PM »
Also, new rule: if you have never fully supported yourself financially, then you should not be able to make comments on what it takes to fully support yourself financially.

likewise

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 12, 2006, 03:18:35 PM »
Edit.  That went too far.  Good luck to you NorCal; you're gonna need it.

likewise

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 12, 2006, 03:22:09 PM »
LOL!

Of course you CAN live off $33k.  If you live in a city, and are barely getting by on $33k after having every opportunity to succeed, you have failed miserably somewhere along the line, with a few exceptions (live in extremely low COL area, or have good reason to be making $33k).  "I'm an English major working as a secretary" just doesn't cut it.

This is not to rag on all English majors, there are those doing PI work, and those who put their heads on a swivel and get by just fine after college.

Yeah, we actually LEARNED something in college.  The ability to process information.  You should try it...

redemption

« Reply #195 on: April 12, 2006, 03:28:24 PM »
Ouch.

EDIT: Hey! What happened? That was a great post!

likewise

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 12, 2006, 03:29:14 PM »
Ouch.

You might have been the only one that read it.  Sry.  Way over the top.

« Reply #197 on: April 12, 2006, 03:30:06 PM »
i read it!  :D

cesco

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 12, 2006, 03:30:31 PM »
I read it...I say repost! He deserves every word of it.

likewise

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 12, 2006, 03:32:09 PM »
I read it...I say repost! He deserves every word of it.

Perhaps.  I'll see if my anger subsides in the next five mins.