Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What to do before LS in the fall (travel, ect..NOT WORK!)  (Read 1339 times)

Tulane1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What to do before LS in the fall (travel, ect..NOT WORK!)
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2006, 08:47:59 PM »
I'm actually going to Honduras to do some language emersion before attending law school. There's a really cheap program that covers all lessons, room, and board for between $250-$400 per week, depending on your intended location.

I'll be spending one week on Utila Island, and about 2 weeks on Roatan. If anyone's interested in attending the program at the same time, please let me know. I've already booked my ticket, and I'll be there from 7/3 to 7/23.

Hey just wanted to say that Utila and Roatan are SICK...some of the most beautiful places in the world.  If you get a few days, you should think about taking a side trip to Tikal in Guatemala, it is amazing, and not too far.

Have fun!

Hey Kirsten,

Which one did you like better, Utila or Roatan? I'm not sure if I'll be going to Tikal, since I'll be travelling alone, but I'd like to figure out whether Utila or Roatan would be better for me.

Thanks,
Angela

Depends on how much dive experience you have.  If you don't have your open water yet, or have just got it, Utila is better.   If you have your advanced 1 or 2, or have done some dives in after your open water, def. Roatan.  If you have your Dive Masters, bypass Hondur. all together and go to Belize.

Don't be scared to go to Guatemala alone - I did, as do many girls traveling alone, without incident - just stay out of Guat. City!

PM me if you have any questions, I spent about 2 months backpacking around Central America last winter.

Mkay

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 09:34:08 PM »
This site is not too bad for those who want to volunteer:
http://www.idealist.org/volunteer/travel.html

Angela

• Hotel Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 08:10:27 PM »
I'm actually going to Honduras to do some language emersion before attending law school. There's a really cheap program that covers all lessons, room, and board for between $250-$400 per week, depending on your intended location.

I'll be spending one week on Utila Island, and about 2 weeks on Roatan. If anyone's interested in attending the program at the same time, please let me know. I've already booked my ticket, and I'll be there from 7/3 to 7/23.

Hey just wanted to say that Utila and Roatan are SICK...some of the most beautiful places in the world.  If you get a few days, you should think about taking a side trip to Tikal in Guatemala, it is amazing, and not too far.

Have fun!

Hey Kirsten,

Which one did you like better, Utila or Roatan? I'm not sure if I'll be going to Tikal, since I'll be travelling alone, but I'd like to figure out whether Utila or Roatan would be better for me.

Thanks,
Angela

Depends on how much dive experience you have.  If you don't have your open water yet, or have just got it, Utila is better.   If you have your advanced 1 or 2, or have done some dives in after your open water, def. Roatan.  If you have your Dive Masters, bypass Hondur. all together and go to Belize.

Don't be scared to go to Guatemala alone - I did, as do many girls traveling alone, without incident - just stay out of Guat. City!

PM me if you have any questions, I spent about 2 months backpacking around Central America last winter.

THANKS KIRSTEN!!!