Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official I'm Going to X School Thread  (Read 167675 times)

FalconJimmy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Official I'm Going to X School Thread
« Reply #690 on: April 01, 2011, 07:10:47 AM »

You may be intelligent, but you come off as devoid of any common sense.  You seem like a smart rich one.  That is good for you. 

What the hell?  How did he warrant this response?  All he said was that with a 180/4.0, the person should be applying to Harvard.  My only quibble would be that they should be applying to Yale. 

All that other stuff, my god, you're really projecting a lot of your own issues onto this discussion.

I wasn't exactly a child of means, either, but telling somebody they should apply to HYS if they have a 180 isn't exactly like advising them to make sure that they wear the proper jodhpurs and wellies when they're getting ready for the dressage. 

I am sure there are multi-gozillionaires from every stripe of law school.  I'm equally sure that the worse your law school and the lower your class rank, the more the probability of this happening plummets dramatically.

If a person is trying to have a great career in the law, the only valid advice they need is that they need to do as well as they can in the best law school they can find.  Any advice to the contrary is just wrong.

Powers_79

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 14, 2011, 04:25:46 PM »

I am sure there are multi-gozillionaires from every stripe of law school.  I'm equally sure that the worse your law school and the lower your class rank, the more the probability of this happening plummets dramatically.

This is an unfortunate truth, however I would strongly suggest that people also look into HOW the rankings are tabulated.  I read an interesting thread that is calling into question the ACTUAL differences between the law schools out there and that often times higher ranking is given to institutions that have the means to pay more money to USNWR.  I'm not singling you out Falcon, just thought it would be a good opportunity to call attention to this. 

Opie58

« Reply #692 on: November 27, 2011, 11:12:55 PM »
Looks like I'm heading to Northwestern California (NWCU) Law in the spring.  Can't wait.

Grotius_Girl

• View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 26, 2012, 04:46:09 PM »
FIU :)

Amicus Curiae

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #694 on: April 22, 2012, 12:10:18 AM »
Loyola Law (Los Angeles)  :-)

foxtrot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #695 on: June 16, 2012, 04:29:06 PM »
George Washington   ;D

RONINASPEN

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 30, 2012, 12:55:41 AM »
Stanford 1L, just returning from first day (evening) of orientation with welcome speech by Sandra Day O'Conner former Supreme Court Justice and Stanford Alumni

NavyLaw2016

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #697 on: December 31, 2012, 12:19:51 PM »
Tulane Law....yeah baby!

J.Wilder

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #698 on: January 05, 2013, 02:41:31 AM »
Three decisions either Columbia University Law, NY, Georgetown University Law Center, DC, or George Washington University Law, DC.
It may just be Georgetown ;D

NavyLaw2016

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #699 on: January 06, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
J Wilder...Georgetown for sure. You want to be in DC....especially if you plan to get involved in government.