Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official I'm Going to X School Thread  (Read 167704 times)

anniemarie

• View Profile
Re: The Official I'm Going to X School Thread
« Reply #680 on: January 13, 2010, 10:49:48 PM »
This is a really good resource about what to expect in law school:

http://somekindoflawyer.blogspot.com/

maxine221

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 28, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »
Heading to Harvard?
Need an amazing 1 bd apt? Perfect location, 3 blocks from the law school. Charming, large apt, includes parking, water, heat, trash, snow plowing ;) comes ready with internet, cable, phone... Laundry in the building.

Check out photos here: http://picasaweb.google.com/maxine221/16ShepardSt?feat=directlink

Let me know if interested ASAP: mperkins@jd10.law.harvard.edu

Thanks! And congrats!

SwampFox

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 04, 2010, 09:32:17 PM »
I'm goin'...nowhere. >:(
I had good scholarships, but no way to pay my living expenses and those of my little one.

Fruit Basket

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 04, 2010, 11:46:49 PM »

I am going to University of Baltimore, part-time evening.  Given the glut of attorneys I hope the considerable investment of time and money will yield a decent return.   

I worry about this and yet I can't wrap my head around not going, and so I will.

Haynes7

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 14, 2010, 01:07:28 AM »
Whittier...I'm going going back back to cali cali!

wyatth

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #685 on: May 06, 2010, 04:13:57 AM »
I think Loyola Law School LA..

Tashalee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #686 on: July 22, 2010, 01:46:31 PM »
Congratulations on your achievements!

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 25, 2010, 01:08:38 PM »
Whittier and Loyola are not achievements by any measure. If I don't get into Harvard with a 4.0UGPA and a 180 LSAT (prediction), I will be amazed. Chances of not being accepted into any of the Ivy Leagues is slim to none. Apply yourself, make sure you have the natural ability, and you are good to go!

marcus-aurelius

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 25, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »
sonofapickle,

You may be intelligent, but you come off as devoid of any common sense.  You seem like a smart rich one.  That is good for you.  Some others are not as fortunate as you in their need to not have to work, have investments that pay you out, etc.  The law school you go to is important, true.  But what you do, how you perform once you are out of law school is just as important.  The attorney who I work for, graduated from a Tier 3 school.  He now has boat that cost a little under $10 million to produce.  Is he not successful?

I myself am gifted with well above average intelligence, but brought up in a home that is by no means wealthy. I always had enough to eat, but my parents (both military children) struggled to keep their heads afloat.  I am able to mingle amongst nearly every type of crowd.  You I feel, have problems relating to anyone who was not born with a diamond (silver is not good enough for you) spoon in your mouth (as well as shoved other places).

I know my accomplishments are my doing, with the way my parents raised me to be a man.  You said in another thread that someone would let their company define them, that you did not have to.  That is because your parents and snobbish attitude already define who you are.  You need no help.  If you were truly half as smart as you think you are, you would be heading to medical school and curing cancer in a few years.  But alas, you chose to come here and be condscending towards others who worked harder than you will ever have to in your life.  Congrats to that.

ging

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 01, 2011, 02:41:49 AM »
Congratulations to you my friend! :)