Deciding Where to Go > General board for soon-to-be 1Ls

The Official I'm Going to X School Thread

<< < (139/140) > >>

FalconJimmy:

--- Quote from: marcus-aurelius on July 25, 2010, 03:36:13 PM ---
You may be intelligent, but you come off as devoid of any common sense.  You seem like a smart rich one.  That is good for you. 
--- End quote ---

What the hell?  How did he warrant this response?  All he said was that with a 180/4.0, the person should be applying to Harvard.  My only quibble would be that they should be applying to Yale. 

All that other stuff, my god, you're really projecting a lot of your own issues onto this discussion.

I wasn't exactly a child of means, either, but telling somebody they should apply to HYS if they have a 180 isn't exactly like advising them to make sure that they wear the proper jodhpurs and wellies when they're getting ready for the dressage. 

I am sure there are multi-gozillionaires from every stripe of law school.  I'm equally sure that the worse your law school and the lower your class rank, the more the probability of this happening plummets dramatically.

If a person is trying to have a great career in the law, the only valid advice they need is that they need to do as well as they can in the best law school they can find.  Any advice to the contrary is just wrong.

Powers_79:

--- Quote from: FalconJimmy on April 01, 2011, 07:10:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: marcus-aurelius on July 25, 2010, 03:36:13 PM ---
I am sure there are multi-gozillionaires from every stripe of law school.  I'm equally sure that the worse your law school and the lower your class rank, the more the probability of this happening plummets dramatically.

This is an unfortunate truth, however I would strongly suggest that people also look into HOW the rankings are tabulated.  I read an interesting thread that is calling into question the ACTUAL differences between the law schools out there and that often times higher ranking is given to institutions that have the means to pay more money to USNWR.  I'm not singling you out Falcon, just thought it would be a good opportunity to call attention to this. 

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Opie58:
Looks like I'm heading to Northwestern California (NWCU) Law in the spring.  Can't wait.

Grotius_Girl:
FIU :)

Amicus Curiae:
Loyola Law (Los Angeles)  :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version