UConn (no $)
7 (53.8%)
Syracuse (17k(
6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Deciding based on basketball?

Re: Deciding based on basketball?
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 09:03:06 PM »
I often asked myself if I got into case and syracuse where would i go...the $$ from syracuse made it a no brainer, but i often asked how much would case have to offer to make me consider the school...or would it even HAVE to offer...i think syracuse is a good bet from your list, but i cant say exactly why yet...even for me i'm still up in the air because of the whole uconn thing.

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 10:53:15 PM »
For those of you considering 'Cuse...how would your decision making process differ w/out the scholarhsips?

I think I've said this a million times now, but what the heck...

My decision is between 'Cuse, Albany and UB. 

Buffalo may give me money, but even if they don't it's really cheap

Albany gave me a full ride...but ranked outside the top 100

'Cuse...no money  >:( >:( >:(

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 06:51:43 AM »
That's tough. Syracuse squeeks into the top 100, so thats something to bear in mind. But I turned down Miami already, in the 70s, because of no money and I didnt want to live in FL (yes I might be insane...:) ) I guess 'cuse's initial attraction to me was their program offerings, dual degree, being on east coast but not in a huge city, which is not where i would want to learn law - practice yes, learn no. The $$$ just made the decision all the more easy. Now, As i said elsewhere, if case were to offer a full ride this decision would get even more complicated. But barring that, right now its UConn (tied with 7 schools for 41) and syracuse, in 90s. One with $$ and one without. Cuse would come out to about 15k a year in tuiton, and then add in like 12-15k worth of living expenses. UConn would be like 32K+ living expenses first year, but then if you get instate, which i need to find out if it happens a lot/is easy process, its down to 15k tuition plus living expenses ie same as syracuse...first year would be pricy, but afterwards it would only end up being a few grand more over syracuse, due to higher living expenses etc..so to your question: syracuse without the money would be a no go, just because uconn is higher and would be cheaper, but i would miss its great programs

StepUpT0theMike

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 09:09:27 AM »
Let's go Blue Devils!
Down with the Hoyas!

laurrk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 08:25:11 PM »
 "is that scholarahip per year, or was that the total potential offer? deans/chancellors?"

The scholarships I mentioned are per year, usual rules apply (maintain a certain GPA and it's renewable). I got a chancellor's scholarship at Syracuse and a Law-Medicine scholarship at Case.

In terms of comparing Syracuse to Case - I can't convince anyone to go to one over the other, but I am pretty sure that I am making the right decision for me. Yes, Case is the better school. And Case has a great health law program, which is the area that I was initially very interested in. But I got a better feeling about Syracuse. And I have family ties to the area. Maybe my decision isn't rational, but I mailed my seat deposit today, so it's official.

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 09:29:48 PM »
I don't disagree. If you feel syracuse, i'd take it. And you've got a great offer at either place, so it doesn't hurt..now, as for my uconn/syracuse dilemma, that wont get settled till i fork over the money to visit both places sometime in next 4 weeks...