Law School Discussion

UF or FSU for summer opps....

->Soon

• View Profile
UF or FSU for summer opps....
« on: March 12, 2006, 01:09:48 PM »
Not to compare the schools directly, but which city has better summer opps if your going to be moving to Gainsville or Tallahassee for the next 3 yrs???    ???

cayberr

Re: UF or FSU for summer opps....
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 12:32:30 AM »
I love UF but Tallahassee dominates Gainesville when it comes to law opportunites available in each respective city.  There is nothing in Gainesville, meanwhile Tallahassee comes with all the accoutrements of a state capital.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 06:18:57 AM »
I agree with Cay- Gainesville is a college town and will have jobs you'd expect to find in such a town (e.g. not much in terms of law opportunities).  FSU will provide you with all the opportunities you'd expect in a state capital. If you go to UF, you'll probably have to look elsewhere for summer opportunities.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 08:31:05 AM »
Thats kinda what I was thinking.
Anyone ever do the drive to Jacksonville for their internship?

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 11:21:15 AM »
thats a long drive.  I wouldnt suggest doing it on a regular basis.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 11:57:42 AM »
hmmm, that would make fsu the top choice then....    :-\

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 09:42:02 AM »
blue, thats kinda what i thot after visiting the schools.  There's so much talk and emphasis on going to the higher rankings school on this site that things tend to become self fulfilling prophs.  However, its important to keep in mind that the bulk of the ppl in the legal field in FL are UF affiliated.  Personally, i dont think long-term wise it matters if one goes to fsu or uf b/c youll prolly end up with the same opportunities.  Umiami, however, will almost force you to go into the private sector or take the higher paying job (not necessarily your preferred job) on the basis that you have to pay off the huge debt. 

Summer opps run in the following order for the particular town/city they are in: umiami, fsu, and then uf