Law School Discussion

How long did you study for the LSAT?

TST

How long did you study for the LSAT?
« on: March 11, 2006, 12:15:22 PM »
I'd like to get a feel for how long (months, hours per week, whatever) people studied before taking the LSAT.

Past searches are showing people studying for 8 months, other studying 4 hours a day, ect!

I'm scheduled to take in June and just started this week. Plus I work 25 hours/week and have to study to keep up my GPA as well.

I need some assurance here!

Re: How long did you study for the LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 12:25:08 PM »
I haven't started studying yet, but I'm concidering taking the LSAT in October 2007 in which case I'd start studying this summer. I'm about to finish school in a couple of months and after that I've got over a twelve months period in which I wouldn't have to study for anything else but the LSAT.

I guess though, that's not quite the kind of assurance you expected  ;)

3blindmice

• girl is FIRE in concert...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 02:32:21 PM »
I didn't really study at all...took a free proctored timed test about 3 or 4 months before my test date, did really well, and said I was gonna have a study routine over the summer - but I didn't. I was internin in DC, sharin an apt with a friend, and the LSAT never really got much attention, other than the occasional scanning of practice questions while watchin tv or something. Then I went over practice questions (answering sample questions, then checking the answers, one section at a time with no timer or anything) for an hour or two the night before the test

...I wouldn't recommend this tho. Cause, even tho I pulled out a pretty good score, I know I could've done better if I'd actually studied with some kind of systematic regularity. And its always better to know you did your best...

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 02:34:03 PM »
edited:  not long.  "LSAT 180 Preptests" was helpful.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 02:53:48 PM »
I studied for a month and got a 165. I'm not sure I would have done drastically better had I studied for longer, although it's possible. I did some practice questions and took about 7 practice tests and that's it.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »
I plan on studying for about 5 months and put in about 5-600 hours and take every previous LSAT. Thats just me. Very neurotic.

Intuition

• We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 09:46:31 PM »
I think I spent about 20 hours total, including a practice test. Just to familiarize myself with the test. Don't really believe in studying for standardized tests.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 10:14:36 PM »
Unless I am scoring 180s I will keep studying.

Intuition

• We wander down darkened pathways in a daze.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2006, 10:26:48 PM »
Understandable, it's just against my principles.