Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Ding! (With Hope?)  (Read 7488 times)

Harvey.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Ding! (With Hope?)
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2006, 01:54:31 AM »
Ding!!! Suspicion confirmed via our friends at the United States Postal Service. You know, it is almost nice to have one under my belt. I know now how the next nine will feel. Snap!
GULC '09

johnnydavis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2006, 07:41:46 AM »
obviously you havent seen Ali G

still tasteless

its a discussion board calm down

Don't take such a cavalier attitude to the Holocaust.  You may be book smart, but you have no common sense or compassion.  Its still tasteless.

but it feels sooo good to be bad >:(

i'm jewish.  getting rejected from law school sucks.  being on a train to auschwitz also sucks.

whatever.  i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure as436 does not hate jews.

haha yea its tough for me to hate jews since I am jewish myself

Oh I get it...  so because you're jewish, you can get away with jewish jokes?  I'm not accusing you of malice, but of sheer thoughtless speech.  If anyone can appreciate the gravitas of the Holocaust it should be you.  There are hatemongers who actively deny the Holocaust, like Ahmadinejad, and warmongers like Hamas, who would like nothing better than to see us wiped out of existence.  We need solidarity.  We don't need careless jokes that lend fuel to the fire.

are u serious?  i have a line from the Ali G show, who is talking about denying the Holocaust?  you need to simmer down son

My post was methodical and well thought out.  I disagree with you.  It happens.  Don't get defensive.  Is it really that hard for you to comprehend that someone could take issue with your comments?  Are you really so myopic that you understand my post to be an accusation of Holocaust denial against Ali G?  I have relatives that were personally affected, so forgive me if I'm a touch sensitive to your "harmless little jokes."  Obviously you occupy an untouchable moral high ground on this one...   

I'll just repeat what's already been said, since you seemed to have missed it: "learn to take a quasi-offensive comment without feeling the need to lecture or flip-out."  I'm sure there are others on this thread who have been personally affected by the Holocaust.  But you should really calm down, and if you feel the need to educate others about this issue, do it with more class.  You need to take this hostility and retaliation elsewhere.  Please respect everyone's wish and never make another post on this thread.

johnnydavis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2006, 09:29:20 PM »
wisechildnyc, I just sent you a PM.  Read it and reply if you like.

Evo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Miami Skyline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2006, 05:43:14 PM »
wisechildnyc, I just sent you a PM.  Read it and reply if you like.

damnit cornell.... wheres my decision
University of Virginia '09

vivarin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2006, 11:50:34 AM »
Well, cornell said that they reached a decision - this is after I sumbitted my apps in OCTOBER.  What took them so long?  I cán't reach their admitted students site, so I'll post a pre-emptive ding!

nllsq

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2006, 05:23:37 PM »
Well,I got my answer today, letter dated April 03 (application complete around Feb 20). Sad, because I have heard that they put some wight on the soft factors and I have some. The other places I am waiting to hear from are eqjuivalent or even higher in rank, which makes me nervous.

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2006, 06:14:46 PM »
Ding, from EA deferral. I think suggesting a transfer is a little condescending, but maybe that’s just me.
U Chi '09

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2006, 01:28:32 AM »
Cornell should jump of its own suicide-bridge.

;D ;D ;D
U Chi '09

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2006, 01:22:16 PM »
Well... I haven't checked my mail today, but I am now at decision on their status check... so I assume my ding is waiting on me when I get home. Lol
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2006, 03:31:56 PM »
Well... I haven't checked my mail today, but I am now at decision on their status check... so I assume my ding is waiting on me when I get home. Lol

Nahh, you're just in the same boat as the rest of us.  Reserve.  You def. didn't get dinged because I didn't get dinged.
BC Law class of 2009!