Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Ding! (With Hope?)  (Read 7770 times)

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cornell Ding! (With Hope?)
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2006, 01:20:25 PM »
obviously you havent seen Ali G

still tasteless

its a discussion board calm down

Don't take such a cavalier attitude to the Holocaust.  You may be book smart, but you have no common sense or compassion.  Its still tasteless.

but it feels sooo good to be bad >:(

i'm jewish.  getting rejected from law school sucks.  being on a train to auschwitz also sucks.

whatever.  i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure as436 does not hate jews.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2006, 01:21:55 PM »

still tasteless

Don't take such a cavalier attitude to the Holocaust.  You may be book smart, but you have no common sense or compassion.  Its still tasteless.

i'm jewish.  getting rejected from law school sucks.  being on a train to auschwitz also sucks.

haha yea its tough for me to hate jews since I am jewish myself
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

redemption

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2006, 05:21:40 PM »
Oh I get it...  so because you're jewish, you can get away with jewish jokes?  I'm not accusing you of malice, but of sheer thoughtless speech.  If anyone can appreciate the gravitas of the Holocaust it should be you.  There are hatemongers who actively deny the Holocaust, like Ahmadinejad, and warmongers like Hamas, who would like nothing better than to see us wiped out of existence.  We need solidarity.  We don't need careless jokes that lend fuel to the fire.

Communication is a 2-way thing. It seems to me that you are the one who has brought tastelessness into the discussion by taking his ironic joke seriously. You're wound too tight. Calm down a little.

bleedsblue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2006, 06:38:03 PM »
Oh I get it...  so because you're jewish, you can get away with jewish jokes?  I'm not accusing you of malice, but of sheer thoughtless speech.  If anyone can appreciate the gravitas of the Holocaust it should be you.  There are hatemongers who actively deny the Holocaust, like Ahmadinejad, and warmongers like Hamas, who would like nothing better than to see us wiped out of existence.  We need solidarity.  We don't need careless jokes that lend fuel to the fire.

damn dude, settle down and get over it. i see no hatemongering or warmongering going on here, so just relax and move on. learn to take a joke.  for that matter, learn to take a quasi-offensive comment without feeling the need to lecture or flip-out.

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2006, 06:43:30 PM »

still tasteless

haha yea its tough for me to hate jews since I am jewish myself

are u serious?  i have a line from the Ali G show, who is talking about denying the Holocaust?  you need to simmer down son

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

Harvey.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2006, 01:05:40 AM »
OK. Back to the Cornell rejection thread. No more hijacking. Oh, crap. Was that tasteless? Sorry.  ;D
GULC '09

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2006, 02:04:59 AM »
OK. Back to the Cornell rejection thread. No more hijacking. Oh, crap. Was that tasteless? Sorry.  ;D

excuse me, Harvey, i am a terrorist and i am extremely offended that you would trivialize my profession like that.

eh, kidding.  no calls from homeland security, please.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

Harvey.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2006, 02:16:04 AM »
That was H for Hilarious.
GULC '09

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2006, 10:46:21 AM »
lovebutton you are so tasteless it kinda turns me on  :P

redemption

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2006, 06:26:51 PM »
Digging in your heels, eh?