Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell Ding! (With Hope?)  (Read 7440 times)

tabularasa

• View Profile
Cornell Ding! (With Hope?)
« on: March 10, 2006, 03:42:06 PM »
The ding letter was actually very kind.  They basically apologized a million different ways and even went on to suggest going to another good school and transferring.  Does everyone get this letter or is it the fact I was a Cornell undergrad make any difference in the world?  Lord knows all my other dings have been short and to the point.  Anybody else get this letter?

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
Re: Cornell Ding! (With Hope?)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 03:47:32 PM »
when did you apply? i had the same type of rejection letter from berkeley yesterday. very nice and went on about the transfer thing too.

Achilles

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 03:55:33 PM »
I received the same letter a couple of days ago. no hope for me

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 06:20:19 PM »
when did you apply? i had the same type of rejection letter from berkeley yesterday. very nice and went on about the transfer thing too.

Wasn't Berkeley's letter super nice??? I almost felt like I'd been admitted!  jk.  But seriously it was nice and they even told you how many people they usualy take as ransfers...it was nice.
There's no homework in Law School

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 06:44:09 PM »
I got the same letter...I wonder how many people really end up going transferring though.

joespecial

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 12:14:23 AM »
My Berkeley ding was super nice. One thing it said is that "if Berkeley remains your first choice," think about transferring. Of course, I am tempted to think everyone got this wording, but then again, I specifically said Berkeley was my first choice in my PS, whereas I'm sure not everyone does. Isn't it a little presumptuous of them to send that to everyone?

Of course, it is better than an admit email that they then retract...

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 12:51:36 AM »
the cornell one said "if cornell is still your first choice" too

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 02:12:13 PM »
yeah my berkeley one said that first choice thing... i guess it is a bit presumtuous huh? oh well they were right of course about being my first choice. so yeah i think everyone's letter said that.

lww02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 11:24:37 PM »
giving false hope is definitely better.  my berkeley rejection letter was so heartwarming.  (it didnt stop me from writing SATAN on it with a big red pentagram and posting it on the fridge, but even so...) 

LSN lww02

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 11:31:17 PM »
my chicago ding was awful, they wrote "Dear [my last name] no Mr. or anything... and it was like 4 lines... yea sorry we had too many apps, peace... id like one of your letters right bout now
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year