Law School Discussion

Cornell Ding! (With Hope?)

Cornell Ding! (With Hope?)
« on: March 10, 2006, 01:42:06 PM »
The ding letter was actually very kind.  They basically apologized a million different ways and even went on to suggest going to another good school and transferring.  Does everyone get this letter or is it the fact I was a Cornell undergrad make any difference in the world?  Lord knows all my other dings have been short and to the point.  Anybody else get this letter?

Re: Cornell Ding! (With Hope?)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 01:47:32 PM »
when did you apply? i had the same type of rejection letter from berkeley yesterday. very nice and went on about the transfer thing too.

Achilles

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 01:55:33 PM »
I received the same letter a couple of days ago. no hope for me

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 04:20:19 PM »
when did you apply? i had the same type of rejection letter from berkeley yesterday. very nice and went on about the transfer thing too.

Wasn't Berkeley's letter super nice??? I almost felt like I'd been admitted!  jk.  But seriously it was nice and they even told you how many people they usualy take as ransfers...it was nice.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 04:44:09 PM »
I got the same letter...I wonder how many people really end up going transferring though.

joespecial

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 10:14:23 PM »
My Berkeley ding was super nice. One thing it said is that "if Berkeley remains your first choice," think about transferring. Of course, I am tempted to think everyone got this wording, but then again, I specifically said Berkeley was my first choice in my PS, whereas I'm sure not everyone does. Isn't it a little presumptuous of them to send that to everyone?

Of course, it is better than an admit email that they then retract...

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 10:51:36 PM »
the cornell one said "if cornell is still your first choice" too

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 12:12:13 PM »
yeah my berkeley one said that first choice thing... i guess it is a bit presumtuous huh? oh well they were right of course about being my first choice. so yeah i think everyone's letter said that.

lww02

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 09:24:37 PM »
giving false hope is definitely better.  my berkeley rejection letter was so heartwarming.  (it didnt stop me from writing SATAN on it with a big red pentagram and posting it on the fridge, but even so...) 

as436

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 09:31:17 PM »
my chicago ding was awful, they wrote "Dear [my last name] no Mr. or anything... and it was like 4 lines... yea sorry we had too many apps, peace... id like one of your letters right bout now