Personality Test

WarrenG

• Me
    • MSN Messenger - WarrenG24@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Personality Test
« on: March 10, 2006, 01:05:31 PM »
Take this personality test http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm ; post your personality type; gasp in awe at it's accuracy.

I'm a INTJ or a 'Mastermind' a la Steven Hawking, Issac Newton, Colin Powell, JFK etc.  I found the test to be very accurate, and I was amazed that 72 y/n questions could provide such an accuarate description.  I've taken the test 4 times over the past 2 years and I get the same results everytime.

Roxy

• AOL Instant Messenger - diegopiranha
    • View Profile
Re: Personality Test
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 02:04:51 PM »
ENFP, idealist champion
very interesting-- I have taken a bunch of these (one job required it!), and think I vary a little, but I am a bit schitzo in the way I deal with the world, which actually fits well in this description :)

those are fun.

magnumalv

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 02:22:53 PM »
ENFP (does this help, red?).

I don't remember what I used to be, but I"m pretty sure I changed since high school.

As to the accuracy, well, I often approach these personality descriptions like horoscopes--we're predisposed to find similar qualities in the profile.

LitDoc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 02:36:54 PM »
ENFJ

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

Sounds relatively accurate to me. Don't like to think of myself as a manipulator, though....

likewise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 02:41:14 PM »
I'm an INTJ, same as the OP.  INTJs are a VERY small portion of the overall population.  Masterminds tend to lead from the background, appear "cold" to others, have very few close friends, and are NOT easily swayed into believing the their approach (to the task at hand) is incorrect.

We're the analyst geeks of the world.

:D ;)

EDIT:  We abhor incompetence, shun authority, and believe that most rules were not made with us in mind.

Cree83

• henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 02:53:52 PM »
INFJ, which i think i was in high school as well.  sounds fairly accurate, with some exceptions.

likewise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 03:01:30 PM »
That's funny, mugatu.  We INTJs are just VERY passive aggressive.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 03:10:33 PM »
INFJ. all of it was eerily true.
"Counselors have strong empathic abilities and can become aware of another's emotions or intentions -- good or evil -- even before that person is conscious of them. This "mind-reading" can take the form of feeling the hidden distress or illnesses of others to an extent which is difficult for other types to comprehend. Even Counselors can seldom tell how they came to penetrate others' feelings so keenly."

that is so true! i thought i was just a freak of nature  :P

sporky

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 03:26:55 PM »
ISTJ -- and totally off. it says I'm orderly (I'm a slob) and hate fashion (I'm a clothes horse) and dependable (I'm a total flake). I am introverted and practical in some ways but man. they made me sound like the most boring person ever.

WarrenG

• Me
    • MSN Messenger - WarrenG24@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 04:26:13 PM »
I thought it would be like a horoscope reading too Mags, but the specificity of some of the comments in my profile convinced me otherwise.

I'm glad to see some fellow Masterminds  ;D Also interesting to see that nearly everyone so far is a judger, I guess law is the right career for us.