Law School Discussion

Chicago Law Schools

DJ Shadowolf

• DJ Shadowolf- Mixing at JHOP Studios
    • View Profile
Chicago Law Schools
« on: March 10, 2006, 10:18:59 AM »
I am looking at law schools in Chicago. Are there anybody on here that are students at UChicago, NU, Loyola- Chicago or Chicago- Kent? If so, could you give me your prospective on the schools (campus, student body, and etc.)? 

By the way, I grew up here in the hood. In addition, It is impossible to go anywhere in Chicago and not be a block or two away from a bad neighborhood or a project.

Re: Chicago Law Schools
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 11:37:27 AM »
hmm I was born and raised in Chicago..pretty affluent area highly diverse... Hyde Park.. UofC isn't far (maybe 8 blocks) from where I grew up....depends on which direction you go in 5 blocks down may have more lower middle class to lower income but that's the nature of a huge city... and the nature of the south side...

what do you consider to be a "bad" neighborhood is a better question?

DJ Shadowolf

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 12:33:09 PM »
I consider Robbins, Ford Heights, Harvey, Dixmoor in the south suburbs and Englewood, K- Town, Roseland, Alged gardens, Dearborn and Rockwell in the city . But that doesn't matter, I made the comment "By the way, I grew up here in the hood."  So people would not say "Its in a bad part of City" I hate that comment so much.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 01:02:44 PM »
I definitely wasn't in any of the areas that you mentioned  :D ... only areas in the southern suburbs that I ever frequented were Country Club Hills, Homewood and Olympia Fields...

but Englewood is really a trip considering that Antioch is in the area

DJ Shadowolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 01:24:07 PM »
I use to hang out CC Hills in High School and My assigned roommate and a bunch of people on my floor my freshman year in UG was from there. What part are u from?
?

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 02:43:36 PM »
no I'm from the city... Hyde Park area.. my ex lived in CC Hills.. and I have a cousin that  went to Rich Central...

team mvp

• Columbia '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 07:42:50 AM »
In addition, It is impossible to go anywhere in Chicago and not be a block or two away from a bad neighborhood or a project.

I thought NU was in a nice area?

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 12:58:41 PM »
he's being dramatic.. there are many parts of Chicago that you can go for blocks without entering a "bad neighborhood or project".....

NU's Law School is downtown

In addition, It is impossible to go anywhere in Chicago and not be a block or two away from a bad neighborhood or a project.

I thought NU was in a nice area?

DJ Shadowolf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 03:14:47 PM »
I dont mean to argue, but it comes down to one's perspective of how their gut feeling about an area no only here in chicago but any city. Its just my personal belief that no where can be consider safe. Many believed Columbine, Co. and Oklamhoma City, OK was considered safe until a dark day in the past.