Law School Discussion

Macintosh

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: Macintosh
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2006, 10:13:22 AM »
The only thing I'm sure of is that it will be more than the $999 base of the iBooks. BUT they have to mainatin a price gap between the high-end macbook pros and the regular old macbooks.

1299? That wouldn't be too bad.

I guess I'm lucky in that my school uses exam software that has a mac version anyway.

dizn

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2006, 11:26:48 AM »
Just thought y'all might like to check these out:

http://www.apple.com/getamac/ads/

haha!  there are six on there.

viruses, restarting, and network are good....

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2006, 02:04:48 PM »
The new macbook has hit!

13" for $1099-1499.

Sweet. I can hardly wait (but I must), since I have to put down an apt. deposit first and foremost.

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2006, 02:13:42 PM »
The mooninites are your god. As it should be.

« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2006, 02:40:08 PM »
Would you like to purchase the deluxe worshipping pack? It is only nine...hundred dollars.

dizn

« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2006, 05:56:52 AM »
wow... awesome.  Woah, it comes in black!! 

whoisjohngalt

• "I go to Cornell... ever heard of it?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »
ok...WHY does black cost $100 more than white  ??? 

Because Apple sells "cool," and Black is definitely Cool.  So, basically because they can.

I'm more worried about the glossy screen.  I might just go with the MacbookPro with the matte screen (they have options).  The MBP also got upgraded, so it'a  little bit nicer for the same amount of money.

If you're spending $150,000-180,000 on law school, might as well throw in an extra $500 to get what you want.

AZWildcat

• What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2006, 10:11:38 AM »
those ads are awesome.

the only thing fully pissing me off about my powerbook is that i cant keep it on my lap/bed because the vents get blocked and it overheats. in fact. it does that easily. i have to keep it on top of a cutting board to do this (um..its the only flat surface that i can move easily). laaame

If your computer "overheats", take it back.  I can't get my MBP to run hot no matter what I do.

Officer Rod Farva

• FARVA #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2006, 10:28:02 AM »
You guys know why the MBPs are running hot? Excuse me if it's been posted here before, but the reason is because at construction they absolutely slather the CPU and GPU in thermal paste, which is completely counterproductive and leads to major overheating.

A look at the Mac service manual shows that this mistake is up to spec. Until they change it, which they haven't afaik, your complaints of overheating will fall on deaf ears.

I don't know if Mac has changed anything since the news of this problem broke around a month ago, but it's a huge problem and one that will void your warranty should you try to fix on your own.

lululu

• Lola is a badger!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2006, 04:46:12 PM »
so do y'all think this is it for the mac line of laptops?  there won't be a 13" macbook PRO will there?