Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Macintosh  (Read 7222 times)

ramman

Re: Macintosh
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »
just keep in mind that the people that post on the internet about the whine are probably the types that complain too much. My dell laptop was *much* louder than the mbp.

As for the heat issue that they talk about, keep in mind that the mbp's fan's don't run as often and also that it's made out of aluminun, so the enclosure conducts heat, making it hotter than a plastic laptop (this also helps dissipate the heat away from the innerds of the computer, lessening the need for frequent fan use).

I wouldn't worry about these issues, esp if you're going to buy in the summer.

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2006, 06:27:31 PM »
Anyone know when intel iMacs will be released?
Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2006, 06:30:06 PM »
Anyone know when intel iMacs will be released?

They've been out since January.
USD 2L

The Spanish Teacher

• It's been so long....
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2006, 12:26:51 PM »
the Mac Book Pro's have been out since january. but i think the question was really asking when Mac Books (the iMac's replacement are coming out).  i've heard they will ship in may or june.  they'll have a 13" screen and be available with the core duo or core solo intel chips.  also, i've heard that they also might be available in crazy colors like the originally iMac notebooks - but who knows.
Attending GULC in Fall '06

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2006, 01:20:04 PM »
the Mac Book Pro's have been out since january. but i think the question was really asking when Mac Books (the iMac's replacement are coming out).  i've heard they will ship in may or june.  they'll have a 13" screen and be available with the core duo or core solo intel chips.  also, i've heard that they also might be available in crazy colors like the originally iMac notebooks - but who knows.

The iMacs have been out since January, MBPs didn't ship until February.  Thanks for correcting me when I'm right though.  The MacBooks are the would-be replacement for the iBooks.  iMacs were replaced by... the iMacs.
USD 2L

OingoBoingo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Simply the best band from the 80's
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2006, 01:25:34 PM »

The iMacs have been out since January, MBPs didn't ship until February.  Thanks for correcting me when I'm right though.  The MacBooks are the would-be replacement for the iBooks.  iMacs were replaced by... the iMacs.

A little sensitive this morning? Correct me if I'm wrong (I know you will) but isn't Apple coming out with a Core duo iBook this summer? So "technically" the iBooks aren't being replaced by the Macbooks?

Oingo
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

ramman

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2006, 01:48:49 PM »
The MacBook is going to be the intel version of the iBook (they're rebranding everything so it has Mac in the name).

The Spanish Teacher

• It's been so long....
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2006, 02:13:58 PM »
mr. wildcat please accept my deepest apologies.  i hope my misreading of the question and subsequent explanation did not do permanent damage to your refined sensibilities or sensitive ego. if there is anything i can do to make amends, please let me know.....

i thought i read iBook, not iMac (my mistake), which are indeed being replaced by Mac Books.
Attending GULC in Fall '06

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2006, 02:51:50 PM »

A little sensitive this morning? Correct me if I'm wrong (I know you will) but isn't Apple coming out with a Core duo iBook this summer? So "technically" the iBooks aren't being replaced by the Macbooks?

Oingo

Core and/or solo MacBook=name change=iBook replacement.  Core and/or solo iBook=won't be made.
USD 2L

Lionel Hutz

• Sr. Citizen
  • aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2006, 06:00:49 PM »
My bad. I actually meant to ask when the iBooks with Intel chips will be out. They'll be called macBooks, may have weird colors, and will be available in May or June, yes?
Don't touch my stuff!...Hey this isn't the YMCA!

SJU 09