Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I have a LSAT 146 with a GPA of 3.81, any chance?  (Read 2462 times)

jgutta

• View Profile
I have a LSAT 146 with a GPA of 3.81, any chance?
« on: January 08, 2004, 12:29:39 PM »
My LSAT score is a 146 while my GPA is at 3.81 now and should be going up.  I will be graduating in July and I am trying to sit for the August term.  Do I have a chance to get accepted and if so what suggestions can you give me.  This would greatly help me.
Thanks

p.s what does UGPA stand for?

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: I have a LSAT 146 with a GPA of 3.81, any chance?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 12:16:43 PM »
UGPA is undergraduate GPA.

For some reason I'm big into promoting the LSAC admissions info today.  Check it out if you haven't already:

http://officialguide.lsac.org/search/cgi-bin/lsatgpa.asp

You're situation is a little unusual because you have what they call "split numbers" (LSAT and GPA are on opposite ends of the scale).  Thus the LSAC info might not help you all that much - hopefully someone on this board can give you some advice (I haven't been paying attention to admissions for a long time.)

You might also check out http://lawschoolnumbers.com.  They're making a database of this year's admissions records so you can see how people with similar numbers are doing.

Ithacabomber

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 06:10:15 PM »
I hope you have a chance. Look for a school that is looking to get its UGPA stats up.

dnw2007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 11:10:06 AM »
You have a great chance.  I know people with your numbers who have gotten into plenty of schools, some with full scholarships.  Go for it!  You'll have better luck than you think.  Trust me!