Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: skadden associate funny email exchange / bla bla bla  (Read 1574 times)

colombiandude1

• View Profile
    • Email
skadden associate funny email exchange / bla bla bla
« on: March 09, 2006, 10:50:48 AM »
the bla bla bla story is well known - but i heard something about the skadden associate that had a funny email exchange and it got circulated, yet the skadden associate is now fully employed with the firm - if you have the link or the background - please be so kind to me and post it thanks so much and good luck to everybody

kree

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ures0lastsummer
    • View Profile
Re: skadden associate funny email exchange / bla bla bla
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 06:35:03 PM »
are you talking about the boston one where the recent grad (i think she had just graduated i don't remember) had a few interviews with a firm and then emailed them to say she wasn't taking the job because it wasn't enough money? (among other things) and then the lawyer said he already had business cards and stuff made. and she said a real lawyer would have gotten the acceptance in writing.

that one?
sunny: ave maria $$, drexel $$$, catholic, wvu, hofstra, drake $$
rainy: american, uf, george mason, northeastern, miami
cloudy: pittsburgh, tenn, penn state, pacific (wd), loyola chicago, stetson
still forecasting: unlv, santa clara

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=krysr

LawSchoolHopeful2009

• Sr. Citizen
  • make me "beautiful"...make me a perfect lie...
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 06:45:43 PM »
are you talking about the boston one where the recent grad (i think she had just graduated i don't remember) had a few interviews with a firm and then emailed them to say she wasn't taking the job because it wasn't enough money? (among other things) and then the lawyer said he already had business cards and stuff made. and she said a real lawyer would have gotten the acceptance in writing.

that one?

yes that's the "blah blah blah" Diana Abdullah story- the OP is asking about another e-mail incident. I'd be interested in hearing about this Skadden case too cuz it's news to me.

kree

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ures0lastsummer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 06:51:31 PM »
http://www.whostolethetarts.com/archives/000405.html

(not sure if this is the right one but it is funny)
sunny: ave maria $$, drexel $$$, catholic, wvu, hofstra, drake $$
rainy: american, uf, george mason, northeastern, miami
cloudy: pittsburgh, tenn, penn state, pacific (wd), loyola chicago, stetson
still forecasting: unlv, santa clara

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=krysr

colombiandude1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 07:53:52 PM »
thanks so much - it is pretty funny and stupid - i could see myself doing it though - it wasnt the $46 - but the fact that he felt that since he worked on christmas that he could do whatever he wanted and thought he would get away with it - that is why he got so pissed at the person that finally put this arrogant a-hole down back in his place - and made him realize like what master p said regarding the nba players bitching about having a dress code - he said "stop bitching - you are an employee - you work for the nba - the nba pays your salary  - you dont have a right as a worker to argue over what the organization decides" it is not like the guy was an equity  partner at skadden - skadden made the 10 block radius rule - not the worker who told the associate that his request was not granted