Is t

corky

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is this LSN legit?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 02:29:06 AM »
Is this guy real? 

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Phineas1713

And don't call me a rankings whore or anything :) - I just have a hard time grasping how he rated his preferences.  Plus he already withdrew from Yale....

It's more suspicious that the site was made only 10 days before the Yale acceptance than anything else. 
HLS '09

getinsomewhere

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 03:23:35 AM »
Withdrew from Yale, still keeping his app in at Vanderbilt. Makes perfect sense.

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 09:07:20 AM »
Maybe, because he is from Utah, some Mormon issues come into play?
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

SCgrad

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 09:13:54 AM »
It seems odd that he would have every single sent, received, and complete date on record before starting an LSN.  I had mine the whole time, and don't have all those dates (cause I forgot to update).  But that is a good deal of work to put in and I don't see the angle (usually the flames are somehow connected to AA for or against).

sea dream

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 09:29:06 AM »
It seems odd that he would have every single sent, received, and complete date on record before starting an LSN.  I had mine the whole time, and don't have all those dates (cause I forgot to update).  But that is a good deal of work to put in and I don't see the angle (usually the flames are somehow connected to AA for or against).

i have all those in my email and on LSAC without having an LSN yet. (to be created after all decisions are made for the next year's applicants).
Nevermind. Queen of the Waitlists, anyways.

lily06

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 09:47:15 AM »
I'm not saying it isn't fake, but I don't understand why so many people on this board can't understand why someone wouldn't want to go to Harvard. I was accepted for undergrad and decided not to go. I am not applying for law school. I don't see why that is so controversial. I've always had so many other things in my life that matter to me more than going to the "best school" I can get into. That being said, congrats to people who want to go and are accepted! It is an awesome school, as are many others...What I see when I look at those choices are someone who has other things that they are thinking about (a good sign I would say) or someone with entirely too much time on their hands (lame)

jnc18

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 10:03:43 AM »
I'm not saying it isn't fake, but I don't understand why so many people on this board can't understand why someone wouldn't want to go to Harvard. I was accepted for undergrad and decided not to go.

I agree.  (Only in my case, it was Princeton.) 

So basically you went to a better school... ;)

(same choice - Harvard EA, Pton c/o '03)

jnc18

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 10:10:49 AM »
1) Cornell
2) Vandy
3) Columbia
4) NYU
5) Yale

It's one thing not to be a "rankings whore", but this one is on some different sh*t....

Why even apply to Yale if it's your 5th choice, well behind Vanderbilt?  I have to believe the Vandy option is free with a stipend.  What do the four schools or Ithaca, Nashville, and NYC have in common that makes them all more appealing than Yale?  The questions go on and on.  I'm very interested to hear how he came about these preferences...

jnc18

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 10:17:32 AM »
I'm not saying it isn't fake, but I don't understand why so many people on this board can't understand why someone wouldn't want to go to Harvard. I was accepted for undergrad and decided not to go.

I agree.  (Only in my case, it was Princeton.) 

So basically you went to a better school... ;)

(same choice - Harvard EA, Pton c/o '03)

Gargh my morning stupidity!

Actually, I didn't apply to Harvard as an UG.  My aunt was a professor there at the time, and the thought of being within a five mile radius of my uncle gave me nightmares.  *shudder*

I got into Princeton in high school for UG, but didn't go for two reasons: finances and growing up in the area.  Yes, it's a fantastic school, but at the end of the day, you don't want to go to college in your parents backyard.  They might see you at a frat party or something. ;)

Oooooh... yeah... you dropped the ball on that one!  j/k (not really though).  In my extremely biased opinion, it's the best UG on the planet.

The campus is so insular, you could have gone there and never even seen your folks.  And I mean that in a good way.  BTW, what would your parents be doing at a frat party anyway?!?  (Not that we even really had frat parties)