Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Project Runway: CONGRATS CHLOE!!!  (Read 373 times)

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
Project Runway: CONGRATS CHLOE!!!
« on: March 08, 2006, 11:34:02 PM »
I'm SOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!  She totally deserved to win based on the collections

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Project Runway: CONGRATS CHLOE!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 11:54:38 PM »
I'm glad Chloe won as well. Yes, her pieces were a bit shiny, but they did fit a lot better than Daniel's or Santino's clothes fit.  Overall, I think Jay, Kara Saun, and Austin are far more talented than any of this year's crew though.

practiceboy02

• Sr. Citizen
  • Still misbehaving in law school
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 12:01:18 AM »
Honestly, showing the poofy pink Balenciaga-esque piece first made a lot of sense to me.  It was sort of an exaggerated preview of what the rest of her collection was gonna be, you know what I mean? 

EDIT: would anyone ever wear it?  No.  That's not the point.  The point is that it made a strong statement at the very beginning of the show, and from then on, you knew in what vein the rest of the pieces would be... you knew you were gonna see structured seams, heavy and shiny evening fabrics, and poofy sleeves

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 12:05:08 AM »
I was actually really disappointed in all three collections. Daniel's was Japanese inspired? Really? I must've missed it, but hey, I just lived in Japan for two years and didn't see anything like those outfits ever except maybe the 13th outfit I could see over some tight jeans worn with boots.  I just think in general Daniel is just really bland.  His clothing just makes me want to take a nap.

Still, give me something frilly and poofy from Austin anyday. I would totally wear any dress he made!

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 12:18:19 AM »
I loved his Banana Republic dress.  Have you looked at Austin's latest collection?

piggy-buttercup

• Sr. Citizen
  • hi!
    • View Profile

SolarysBlue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 02:44:28 AM »

I loved Daniel and Santino's collections. (Daniel is a total hottie - too bad for us girls) Chloe's bright blue dress was stunning.

I think the judges may have been onto something when they said that maybe they've "beaten down" Santino all season and that's why his collection was too safe.

jbs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 05:36:07 AM »
i dig chloe but i thought santino should have won.  his collection was stronger tonight.  i hate to admit it because he was a total *&^%.  but they weren't being judged on personality.

i would have voted for daniel, though, if i were a judge.  he is just too hot to say no to.  those eyes...
"i don't know what you're afraid of
i don't know what you've heard
get up, come on, let's do something
dontcha wanna know the Word"

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jbs

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 08:11:23 AM »
Nope, that was the only way I found to see Austin's collection. The piano music was so dreadful I had to turn the sound off.