Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at MSU...  (Read 530 times)

vsavatar

• Sr. Citizen
  • None
    • AOL Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - VSAvatar
    • View Profile
    • Ken Burger's Blog
In at MSU...
« on: March 08, 2006, 11:04:14 PM »
They are my second in-state choice.  No mention of scholarships or anything though.  They want a $200 seat deposit, but they're not likely to get it by April 1 because I am still waiting to hear back from Wayne on their decision.  Tuition's just too high at MSU without a scholarship of some kind.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=vsavatar

"They who would sacrifice essential liberty for a little temporary security deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In at MSU...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 03:43:34 PM »
You have pretty good chances at Wayne...good luck!

michelleinsea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In at MSU...
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 11:35:43 PM »
Everything I had heard and read made it sound like MSU was poised to move up in the rankings . . . and when I visited recently the student who showed me around, as well as someone in the office, told me that they expected to me Tier 2 this year. 

Obviously that didn't happen and they slid down instead of going up.  I think this has to be partly because of the bar passge issue.  I'm not going, but had strongly considered it at one point. I liked a lot of what I saw when I visited and am somewhat surprised that they slid in the rankings like they did.  It seems like a good place, so I hope that they can turn it around. 

Congrats to all that are accepted and attending.  It seems like they have a very nice trial advocacy program, so it will be great for anyone interested in that.