Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need truthful answers  (Read 1467 times)

Rowergrl

• View Profile
    • Email
Need truthful answers
« on: January 08, 2004, 01:51:40 AM »
Hey everyone.  I was just wondering my chances for getting into Cardozo and Brooklyn, my top choices, and possible for Fordham, my very top choice.  Also if someone could give me some safety schools no lower than second tier, it would help me out.  My GPA is 3.98 from Binghamton University and I recieved a disappointing LSAT score of 156- 70th percentile. (I'm a horrible test taker and have past tests to prove it is not an accurate reflection of what I can do).  Thank you!

weezyramo

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need truthful answers
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 11:53:30 AM »
Hye buddy, im in very similar shoes as you. I graduated with a 3.64 in computer Eng from villanova University (from what ive heard eng is considered a hard major compared to others). I got the same lsat score also. I applied to Fordham and northeastern in boston.  Northeastern is comparable to brooklyn.
For both of us i think fordham would be quite a reach.  I believe that northeastern and brookly would be appropriate schoosl for us to appply to (id say 70 to 80% chance).

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 12:11:22 PM »
For a general idea (based on last years numbers) check out:

http://officialguide.lsac.org/search/cgi-bin/lsatgpa.asp

BC 3L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 10:55:19 AM »
it's great to actually see some posts about brooklyn!  i am also interested in that school (and in a similar situation).  i have no idea why?  have either of you visited there?  what's it like?  i would be very interested in hearing your opinions and reasons for applying there.  as for me it boils down to i want to study in nyc and i can't get into nyu or columbia (i am most interested in human rights law, but doesn't really matter).  ciao!