Law School Discussion

"bribe" the financial aid office?

"bribe" the financial aid office?
« on: March 08, 2006, 03:16:28 PM »
Hypothetically, (and anonymously), I was wondering about sending a gift basket (like a cookie basket, or a fruit basket or something) to the financial aid office.  I called them, and they sounded like things were real hectic.  I'm sure they'd appreciate the gesture.  Think it would get my fin-aid package processed more quickly?  Or is that just out and out bribery? 

Re: "bribe" the financial aid office?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 03:39:58 PM »
Pretty tacky.. I doubt it helps.

goodnews

• We're moving to where??
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 03:58:27 PM »
if its anonymous... how would that make them process your package faster??   ???

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 04:03:41 PM »
if its anonymous... how would that make them process your package faster??   ???

op prolly is referring to his posting as anonymous. and yeah, i think stephon is correct. Tacky, and no, i don't think it would help get your fin aid processed quicker.

lily06

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 04:13:04 PM »
all you would get for your little bribe is a good laugh at your expense around the admissions office, after that, I wouldn't imagine you could bring yourself to attend that school

don't do it

check01

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 05:19:17 PM »
Screw the cookie basket.  Take them all on a golf outing to Scotland!

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 11:38:48 PM »
That's not a "bribe"...that's an act of kindness!

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 11:43:16 PM »
Come on now, I think we all know sexual favors are the only real politcal currency in the admissions process. They make good money, they could just go buy fruit, cheese spread, and a hickory smoked meat log on their own.

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 08:44:43 AM »
If they think you can afford a gift basket, then they may assume you are not that hard up for financial aid. :D  Thus it will not expedite the process of your financial aid package or make it generous for that matter.

Just visit the office in tattered clothes and shoes with hair unkempt and perhaps they will take pity on you.  Maybe even give you a free ride.  ;D