Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Signed up for June LSAT, but I may bump it back to September 30th  (Read 2027 times)

umass22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
On my very first timed LSAT, i basically freaked out and did horrible (147). Then I took a free Kaplan diagnostic a month or two later, and thought i did amazing on everything except for Games, i was wrong. Bombed Games and Logical Reasoning. Wound up with a 151. I have so much work to do with my regular classes and barely get to study as much as I would like.  I am signed up for the testmasters course in June, but I can't rely on that. I realistically need to get close to a mid 160 to balance out my GPA, and i am still struggling a ton with games. Would it be a bad choice to bump it back to September if i feel I am not ready for it  like 2 weeks before the Test?  BTW I am still a junior.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Signed up for June LSAT, but I may bump it back to September 30th
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 02:55:01 PM »
Bump it forward as long as taking the test later will not mess up your application cycle

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 09:18:31 AM »
you can realistically take it in september with no consequences but make sure you will actually prepare for it.  Dont make any plans for the summer.
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

umass22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 07:08:46 PM »
you can realistically take it in september with no consequences but make sure you will actually prepare for it.  Dont make any plans for the summer.

I have an unpaid internship for like 16 hours a week, and i was also going to get a paying job. No summer classes though.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 07:41:55 PM »
Make time for the LSAT. This test matters a lot. And no internship or job is more important than studying for it.

George JeffersonČ

• Sr. Citizen
  • Suck on my salty chocolate balls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 07:49:11 PM »

Correct. Be sure to have your LORs and transcripts in to the LSDAS well before your test date (if you want to be early).

I wouldn't have a job and internship while studying for the LSAT. Pick one.
Put 'em in yo mouth!

Miyabi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 08:18:26 PM »
Yeah, that's why I'm leaving my part-time job this month to really concentrate on studying for June. Got a ton of practice tests to take, and I need more time to look over the errors.

umass22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 10:22:37 PM »

Correct. Be sure to have your LORs and transcripts in to the LSDAS well before your test date (if you want to be early).

I wouldn't have a job and internship while studying for the LSAT. Pick one.

good point. I think i may only do the part time internship, screw a job (which would probably be waiting tables anyway)

laurrk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 10:28:10 PM »
If you're not ready, postpone it. And study, study, study.

Miyabi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 07:45:28 PM »
Yeah, postpone if you don't feel like you're ready. That's what I did--was originally scheduled for February, but since my scores sucked, I postponed it till June, which is the latest I can go.