Law School Discussion

First Black Editor of Boalt Law Review

intent06

• "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
Re: First Black Editor of Boalt Law Review
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2006, 08:23:11 AM »
I am increasingly becoming more interested in this Law Review thing, hell maybe even writing for a journal.  Food for my thoughts....hmmmmm

That brother should be shouting to the top of his lungs.  I read that article with PRIDE!!!

Pump ya fist like this!

faith2005

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2006, 10:31:05 AM »
thats mad cool! lemme just say as one of the 1ls who just went through journal tryouts--its just a grueling process at every school. so, i think that even though black students try out, the chances of a multitude of black students getting on law review is slim. especially since at most schools your grades come into play. i think the majority of spots at the law review at my school are grade-on, meaning the people with the top 15 or so gpa's. so, congrats to homeboy b/c he probably had like a 3.8 his 1L year. or wrote one of the top 15 or so essays in his class. then convinced his peers on law review to elect him editor. not too many folks can say that black or white...

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2006, 10:45:08 AM »
We're all SOOOOO proud of Rob here.  What an amazing, dedicated, kind and high-achieving guy!  I couldn't think of anyone better for the job!

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2006, 12:30:31 AM »
thats mad cool! lemme just say as one of the 1ls who just went through journal tryouts--its just a grueling process at every school. so, i think that even though black students try out, the chances of a multitude of black students getting on law review is slim. especially since at most schools your grades come into play. i think the majority of spots at the law review at my school are grade-on, meaning the people with the top 15 or so gpa's. so, congrats to homeboy b/c he probably had like a 3.8 his 1L year. or wrote one of the top 15 or so essays in his class. then convinced his peers on law review to elect him editor. not too many folks can say that black or white...

Faith, let me first say that I am damn proud of you for trying out for law review. And secondly, that's real talk right there and a lot of folks don't realize what kind of accomplishment that is for homeboy to be EIC of a law review.  That means you were on top of your game and then on top of that, you were on top of everybody else's game as well.  That's why cats like Barack can pop their collah.  I don't know how you get these persuasions to vote for you for real without kissin their azz.  I got a story going on over here about that but I'll share the details when its over.

Mr. Pink

• @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2006, 03:55:53 AM »
nice...