Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Root-Tilden-Kern  (Read 4408 times)

3blindmice

• girl is FIRE in concert...
    • View Profile
Re: Root-Tilden-Kern
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2006, 07:57:58 PM »
I just got a voicemail about interviewing for RTK...Anonoman, u seem to have actually spoken with someone about it, so I have a question: do they pay for flight and hotel accomodations, or are we expected to get out there on our own? (I'm in CA and broke so that could be a challenge).

Oh and according to info on the NYU site, they're giving out 20 RTKs this year - I don't know how many people are getting interviews tho.
in: boalt, nyu, columbia, harvard, stanford, YALE!!!
in...later: northwestern ($$$$)
out: NOBODY
waiting: NOBODY

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=reutynwer

keeping the faith

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 09:43:33 AM »
hi, i'm new to this forum, and have a question i hope someone might be able to answer: do you know if interviews can be done over the phone for this and other nyu scholarships, or is there a requirement that you actually interview in person at nyu?

odaiko

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2006, 11:26:16 AM »
-bump-

They can't ask me to interview for RTK until they hurry up and accept me to the school! AARGH! It's been almost four months since I applied, and the fact that they're now offering interviews makes me nervous, which I will signify with the following emoticon:  :-[

On the other hand, there are a lot of strings attached to the RTK money, moreso than other scholarships I've either received or applied for.

Ok, now I feel better:  :D
University of Pennsylvania Class of 2009!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=agnetha

LAS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2006, 04:27:59 PM »
Yay! Got a phone call on Saturday :-)

For the poster who asked about phone interviews, they are pretty clear in the application informaiton that you must be available and in New York on April 8 for the interviews.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=LASMO

In: Georgetown, Boalt, Michigan, NYU, GW, Northwestern, Penn, Harvard, NW, Columbia, Chicago, Stanford
Waitlisted: Yale
Pending:  None.

Beatnik

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »
Congrats to all you guys on getting an interview, and good luck!!   :)
"We are surrounded by insurmountable opportunity." - W. Kelly

B.K.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2006, 07:19:35 PM »
Hey guys...I know I've been MIA on the boards for a while, no longer in the states, less internet access, sad sad sad...

But. wanted to share the good news: I too received the voicemail inviting me for an interview for the RTK. The woman called on Friday, and I called her back today. Congrats Su ( finally, we meet!!) and to all the others..

Oh, and to whoever was asking: they do pay your airfare expenses, up to $1.000. They ( NYU) can give you the name and number of a travel agent they use who will book it all for you...

Hooray! And yes, there are 20 spots for this upcoming fall's RTK class.

Kansas

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2006, 09:15:22 PM »
Congrats, all of you! And Su, I doubt you have any reason to be floored. ;-) Good luck!

3blindmice

• girl is FIRE in concert...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006, 09:56:58 PM »
I turned down the RTK interview today, since I probably wouldn't pick NYU over Harvard even if I got it (mostly due to their profs and programs, not so much their prestige). It was hard to give up a free trip to NY...Good luck to everybody plannin to go for it!  ;)
in: boalt, nyu, columbia, harvard, stanford, YALE!!!
in...later: northwestern ($$$$)
out: NOBODY
waiting: NOBODY

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=reutynwer

Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006, 10:25:19 PM »
Hey guys...I know I've been MIA on the boards for a while, no longer in the states, less internet access, sad sad sad...

But. wanted to share the good news: I too received the voicemail inviting me for an interview for the RTK. The woman called on Friday, and I called her back today. Congrats Su ( finally, we meet!!) and to all the others..

Oh, and to whoever was asking: they do pay your airfare expenses, up to $1.000. They ( NYU) can give you the name and number of a travel agent they use who will book it all for you...

Hooray! And yes, there are 20 spots for this upcoming fall's RTK class.

B.K.!  Congrats!

postal007

• Sr. Citizen
  • Bite Me Fergie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2006, 03:03:09 AM »
I don't want to hijack the thread, but those in this thread are more likely to know the answer to this:

When will we be informed about non-interview scholarships?  (I am referring to the Law and Economics scholarship, in my case)

FYI.. I went to an admitted student reception today, and met the Assistant Dean of Admissions (Kenneth Kleinrock, who happens to be a great guy).  He told me that for my scholarship (Intellectual Property), they would probably get back to people "very soon".  He said that in order to get the process started, you need to file the NYU Financial Aid paperwork online (available on the Admitted Student's website).  They take that info. and combine it with faculty and other reviews to give a final offer.  I wasn't sure why they needed the Financial stuff, since most of these are merit scholarships anyway.  I assume they want to send you the scholarship along with a financial aid award?

It sounds like if you haven't gotten your financial aid paperwork in, you should probably do that soon, because they might not consider you otherwise.  Not sure how this applies to other scholarships (i.e. RTK, etc).

Dean Revesz said they are trying to expand An Bryce from 5 to 10, and making it more of a program than just a scholarship (i.e. workshops, mentors, etc.).  Just an FYI for those who applied to An Bryce and maybe want to know the total numbers.