Law School Discussion

Reason to go to Penn: BOWLING!

Reason to go to Penn: BOWLING!
« on: March 07, 2006, 11:18:04 AM »
For some reason, this seems really exciting! 

http://www.law.upenn.edu/groups/bowling/bowl4.html

I'm a very uneven bowler... hopefully someone will still want me on their team  ;)

Jaustin

• I am a victim of the Science Age.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Reason to go to Penn: BOWLING!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 12:13:24 PM »
I am not embarrassed to say that bowling is playing a large role in my decision process.

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:30:59 PM »
This is really embarrasing, but in 5th grade, I was on a bowling team.  We got our own ball at the end... might have to dig that baby up  ;D

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 12:41:59 PM »
Embarrasing to be on the bowling team in 5th grade? Hah! I was on the chess team and in the German club in high school!

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
    • smarter
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 12:58:19 PM »
I was the president of the German club - in high school AND college. AND i was on a bowling team! 

Awesome. I did German dancing with the club. Liederhosen pinned to khaki shorts. Recorded music punctuated with yodels. Knee-slapping and twirling.

All I can ask myself now is: why?

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 01:10:14 PM »
Ok, these responses are so fun that I started a new "dorky clubs" thread in the Off-Topic area  :)

StepUpT0theMike

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 01:13:36 PM »
<-----Proud member of the Pre-Emptive Strikes, 3-time (and counting) NYU intramural bowling champions.  I even have the purple and white championship tshirt to prove it.  Maybe I should have applied to Penn and sent a highlight tape.

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 08:05:47 PM »
Every week, pretty much the entire Notre Dame Law student body goes bowling.  I guess it's a great excuse to get sauced and throw heavy objects.

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2006, 08:38:22 PM »
bowling + college: surprisingly underrated by society.

there was nothing (other than some community service obligations, of course) that i liked doing better on winter friday afternoons than tagging along with my dorm's intramural bowling team and getting some free games in at the locals' alley

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 08:55:50 PM »
An interesting aside about the Penn bowling activity: the bowling alley is co-owned by a current Penn Law student.