Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers - Newark  (Read 5745 times)

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Rutgers - Newark
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2006, 06:25:38 PM »
Nothing reasonable probably. I've asked other people who went to RU-N, and everyone says it's fine. So I am just going to believe that for now. Are there usually a lot of people around even in the evening?
You starting in the fall?

Fall 07'
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

Jtrich614

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2006, 08:15:52 PM »
Any new info on RU-N?

BTW...I was talking with some ppl at my fraternity event last night and everyone said that Rutgers is a great school...many of them were big time lawyers in Atlanta and DC...I feel good about going there.

RM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2006, 09:17:17 AM »
... and that's the great thing about RU-N. The fact that it's in Newark tends to urge people to research the school itself. I have spoken with quite a few people who attended it, and they had nothing negative to say about it except for "don't venture too much out into Newark"...

I am really happy with my decision - no "buyer's remorse" for me :)

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2006, 11:00:19 AM »
... and that's the great thing about RU-N. The fact that it's in Newark tends to urge people to research the school itself. I have spoken with quite a few people who attended it, and they had nothing negative to say about it except for "don't venture too much out into Newark"...

I am really happy with my decision - no "buyer's remorse" for me :)

RU-N is probably one of the best priced law schools for your buck.
[later]

Jtrich614

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2006, 12:48:22 PM »
No Buyers remorse for me either LoL...

Everyone say's that Newark is not a safe city or stuff like its a "hell hole"....What other city's are similar to Newark? Just trying to get an idea of the city as I have never visited. I grew up in New Orleans and I call that city a "Hell Hole" (Pre-Katrina)...

intent06

• Sr. Citizen
  • "All hail the Chief!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2006, 02:55:24 PM »
JT....I've visited RU-N (still have got a final decision) and I actually like it.  I think people get too caught up in areas in Newark that they will probably never see and have no business going to anyway. ;)  It wasn't that bad; matter of fact, it wasn't bad at all.  Its Newark...saw some good, saw some bad.  Half of my family is from New Orleans.  If you grew up there, Newark will be easy!

Have you heard anything?
Damn...it's the third year already!!

RM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2006, 03:57:31 PM »
Personally, I have never seen anything worse than Newark. Honestly. (Although there are many buildings with really nice architecture; I haven't seen anything similar in the States yet).
I like that the law school building is nice. Trying to focus on the positive aspects at this point. Too tired of worrying about Newark.

dawn french

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2006, 08:56:53 AM »
Let's face it.  Most commute when going to RutNew.  Really, we should only worry about the walk to and from the train, unless you're living on campus.

I've dealt with the fact that there is no Starbucks in the immediate vicinity.  And, I think I'm finally OK with that.  Living on loans, I probably should brew my own.:P

RM

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2006, 09:45:06 AM »
I actually think I saw Starbucks on Broad street... fairly close to the school. Maybe I'm wrong - but I'm pretty sure I saw it. Is there a Starbucks locater? :)))

Where are you, guys, going to live?

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2006, 09:55:43 AM »
I actually think I saw Starbucks on Broad street... fairly close to the school. Maybe I'm wrong - but I'm pretty sure I saw it. Is there a Starbucks locater? :)))

Where are you, guys, going to live?

There is a starbuck on the actual Rutgers Newark campus.  It's actually in the Paul Robeson Center.  As well as a Quiznos.  There is also one on Broad street, two blocks away from the school and another in the NJIT student center.  3 in less than a 4 block radius.
[later]