Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Withdraw When You Can.....  (Read 474 times)

TheGunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • Seems simple enough...
    • View Profile
Why Withdraw When You Can.....
« on: March 07, 2006, 09:01:58 AM »
Simply not send in the seat reservation?  The first seat reservations are due next month, so does it really help out other applicants to go through the trouble of withdrawing?

Won't schools know by the middle of April how many seats they'll have to fill from their waitlists?  Yes, I recognize that some people may send seat reservations to more than one school, but I'm sure the schools have reasonably accounted for that.

chrisfield

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
Re: Why Withdraw When You Can.....
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 09:23:23 AM »
I think it is just a kind thing to do.  Maybe it frees up a spot for someone else, maybe it doesn't.  But I know I am not going there so I may as well let the schools know as well.  I sent them an e-mail about 30 minutes ago and 3 schools have already e-mailed me back and said "thank you."

john83

Re: Why Withdraw When You Can.....
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 09:25:42 AM »
the chances of it making a difference are incredibly slim, unless massive amounts of people are withdrawing. the school anticipates withdrawals and sends out acceptances and waitlists accordingly.

is it nice? sure. the school (eventually) took action on your application. so it would be nice to do likewise for them. besides, it's also the professional thing to do.