Law School Discussion

In at BU!

Re: In at BU!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 05:25:49 PM »
Heh, I'm trying to make the decision between Hastings, USC, and BU as well...although if UCLA would get back to me they'd enter into the running. I'm not sure what to think about Hastings as far as salary, because I know 2 people who've graduated from there, one with a starting salary of around 60k and one with a salary of 120k. I'd love to stay in CA and SF is my dream home, but Hastings doesn't seem to have that great of facilities, plus I was looking at apartments in Boston and I could get a pretty awesome place for what would get me a shithole in SF.

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 06:13:41 AM »
Oooooh I thought BU was one of the ones with phonecalls.  I'm going to be stalking my mailbox now. :-D

Congrats!

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 06:25:48 AM »
Oooooh I thought BU was one of the ones with phonecalls.  I'm going to be stalking my mailbox now. :-D

Congrats!

Yeah, I'm in, but no phone call!

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 06:31:33 AM »

Congrats!

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 06:24:36 PM »
Those who got in on the 7th, when did u apply?

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 07:43:02 PM »
i go to BU for UG (graduating in may) so i know lots bout the area and have tons of friends at the LS

let me know if u have any general questions!!!!

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2006, 08:29:09 PM »
how  happy are your friends at the law school? whats the nightlife like? i was reading on the students board and it seemed like some people were pretty unhappy with career services and said that something like 50% of their graduating class was not employed.

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2006, 08:30:55 PM »
my friends all love it and absolutly rave about the professors..neither of them have graduated yet but i know one of them has an amazing summer position lined up that will prob be his job next year after graduation..

the night life is awesome! boston is incredible..tons of young people if that is ur scene..I would get kind of annoyed if I was over 30 though..too many annoying undergrads..

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2006, 08:32:30 PM »
thanks for the info. i'm considering weather or not to move from CA to go there over Hastings and there's so many factors to consider.

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2006, 08:36:57 PM »
where are u from originally? I would go with the city you would want to practice the most in..i dont know how much weight BU would have in cali, but on the other hand i have no idea how much hastings would benefit you if you wanted to practice in the northeast

i've only heard great things about BU law..although the building is digusting...and too many annoying undergrads..everything else is great..GORGEOUS brand new gym- free membership as a law student!!