Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vandy $$$$  (Read 3526 times)

vinylisbetter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Vandy $$$$
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2006, 11:04:21 AM »
Wow, that's great, those are my numbers... and I'd be happy as a clam with $15k/yr at Vandy...

disgruntledLA

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2006, 12:15:53 PM »
I like the fact that you don't need to keep a certain GPA or percentage, it just says you have to remain in good standing. 

magnumalv

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 12:37:59 PM »
i wish they'd hurry up and send me a decision, much less $$.  >:(

tcs5384

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 12:58:05 PM »
I haven't heard anything yet either, but I'm also a later Need-Accesser...

Most of the people on LSN that got those nice scholarships have better numbers that me.  I just read this thread and now I'm kind of nervious...

How late was "late" for you guys with your Need Access?  I think I did mine around the 20th of February...

Mine was done around February 24 or so.  I think I put it off because I almost assumed that I wouldn't get any need-based aid from anywhere that was looking at my parents' income.  But I still don't see how that would affect MERIT scholarships.

osu2521

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 05:14:06 PM »
I may be trying to read into this too much, but it's possible that Vandy looks at who has submitted the NeedAccess when doling out merit money (in addition to grant), the thought being that those who have submitted are serious about attending.  FWIW, I'm pretty sure I'm going to Vandy, but I fell asleep at the wheel and didn't get mine in until late-Feb (probably b/c I didn't get a decision until mid-Feb, but whatever, I dropped the ball).  Hopefully those who were just a little late won't get killed.

vinylisbetter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 07:44:04 PM »
So I called the admissions office today...

They told me that, yes, only people with their Need Access applications complete early have been considered for scholarships so far-- and that includes both need-based and merit based scholarships.  Apparently, they're reviewing acceptees again for scholarships, and round one is now complete, with more rounds to come.  Unfortunately, I'd imagine the amount of money the school has to dole out lessens each round...

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 10:17:17 PM »
I wonder if I promise to be a generous philanthropist towards the law school in my later years...if they would be convinced to be generous towards me here in my younger years??? lol
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

tcs5384

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2006, 02:49:43 PM »
So I called the admissions office today...

They told me that, yes, only people with their Need Access applications complete early have been considered for scholarships so far-- and that includes both need-based and merit based scholarships.  Apparently, they're reviewing acceptees again for scholarships, and round one is now complete, with more rounds to come.  Unfortunately, I'd imagine the amount of money the school has to dole out lessens each round...

Figures.  Unfortunately, my decision on whether or not to attend Vandy is going to depend on scholarship money (why pay $36K a year to go to Vandy when I can go to Alabama or Baylor for free, WashU or Colorado for $10K/year?)  And my deposits at Alabama and Baylor are due by April 1, so I don't have all the time in the world to wait on a scholarship decision.

ladylazarus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2006, 06:19:31 PM »
Still no $$$ info from Vandy.  And it just hit me today that there's only a MONTH until most first seat deposits are due.  Oh, man.  I'm freaking out a little here, anticipating having to make a decision.

Speaking of which, anyone know when Vandy's seat deposit is due?  April 15?  I misplaced my original letter and I can't find the info on their website.

disgruntledLA

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006, 07:38:35 PM »
yep 4/15--upside is, if you hear from them about $$, it doesn't change the response deadline like it did at some other schools.  good luck, i hope some cash is headed your way very soon