Loyola
« on: March 06, 2006, 11:50:05 AM »
got my rejection today from both programs

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Loyola
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 11:59:24 AM »
Gosh, I am so sorry. Which schools are you still waiting on?

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 12:06:30 PM »

I'm still waiting on Cal Western and Southwestern.  and UNC which is my in-state school but I highly doubt I would get in.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 12:07:46 PM »

I'm still waiting on Cal Western and Southwestern.  and UNC which is my in-state school but I highly doubt I would get in.

I think you have an excellent shot at cal western & southwestern, You'll just have to choose which one you'd rather attend.  ;)

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 12:09:59 PM »

I think you have an excellent shot at cal western & southwestern, You'll just have to choose which one you'd rather attend.  ;)

Thanks for the kind words but I just don't know anymore.  I've been complete at Southwestern for like 3 months now.

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 12:14:25 PM »

Thanks for the kind words but I just don't know anymore.  I've been complete at Southwestern for like 3 months now.

Remember, sometimes a long wait is a good thing. You heard very quickly from Loyola and you got rejected from there. If you were an auto ding @ southwestern, they would have dinged you already. Something is making them take a longer look at your application....

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 12:22:47 PM »

Remember, sometimes a long wait is a good thing. You heard very quickly from Loyola and you got rejected from there. If you were an auto ding @ southwestern, they would have dinged you already. Something is making them take a longer look at your application....

But they haven't rejected anyone yet according to LSN. 

LA LAW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 01:54:20 PM »

But they haven't rejected anyone yet according to LSN. 
I've been complete at Southwestern since early december. I 'm going crazy waiting! I think its a good sign they haven't rejected anyone yet. Beacuse if you look at LSN they've extended offers only to auto admits, most of whom will end up withdrawing before the seat deposit deadline. That's when I think they will start extending offers to people who would really go there given the chance. I think end of march we'll see a wave of acceptances. But what the heck do i know?!! I haven't gotten in anywhere yet!!

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 02:09:12 PM »

That sucks.  How did they let you know?  Mail? 

Yup it came in the mail and I called Southwestern and was told that the committee is a bit behind where they would like to be by this date and that people should start hearing in a couple of weeks.   ::)

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 02:56:58 PM »

That sucks.  How did they let you know?  Mail? 

Yup it came in the mail and I called Southwestern and was told that the committee is a bit behind where they would like to be by this date and that people should start hearing in a couple of weeks.   ::)

And you live in LA?  And it was mailed Friday?  Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to decide how scared of my mailbox I need to be tonight.  Of course, I won't be getting the mail for nine hours, but still...

Actually I'm on the east coast and it was dated March 2.  Good luck