Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Mississippi College or Memphis?  (Read 482 times)

littlealligator

• View Profile
Mississippi College or Memphis?
« on: March 06, 2006, 11:06:41 AM »
Mississippi College or Memphis?

I am from Nashville, TN so I am familiar with big TN cities, so the size of Memphis doesnt bother me. I visited both colleges and wasnt' impressed with Memphis' facilities. I know they are moving their law school, but it wont be ready until 2009, so I will be out before I can reap any benefits of the new school. My boyfriend of 5 years is going to Memphis Med, so it would definetly be easier to go to Memphis with him, but I dont want to go there just for a boy if it is not a good school (not young faculty, poor facilties, unsafe).

basically what I am saying is, is there anything so horrible about MC that I should go to Memphis? 

I have been accepted to Miss. College, but still waiting for Memphis

wombat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mississippi College or Memphis?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 11:10:55 AM »
I went to Memphis for undergrad and am going there for law school.  It's not a bad school, despite the reputation the city has in certain parts of the state.  The campus is safe, and it has less crime than UT Knoxville.  The campus is also in a decent part of town.  The law school building isn't good at all, I'll agree.  As for the faculty and quality, Memphis has higher bar passage rates than anywhere else in Tennessee (including Vandy).  It has a good regional reputation if you want to work in the area.

It also got 2nd place in the country in one of the national moot court competitions and is incredibly cheap for a law school.

Tulane1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Mississippi College or Memphis?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 11:39:45 AM »
Memphis is the better school, no doubt.

And for some opintions on Mississippi College....http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,55548.0.html