Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BAR/BRI Law School Prep Program, anyone?  (Read 717 times)

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
BAR/BRI Law School Prep Program, anyone?
« on: March 06, 2006, 07:52:19 AM »
Anyone planning on taking the Bar/Bri Law school prep program? One law student that I met said I should try and take this prep program, anyone else planning on taking the prep-program? what do you know about it? Are there any current Law student that took this prep program?
the link is below
http://www.lawschoolprep.com/home1.asp?ID=3

jvan2619

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: BAR/BRI Law School Prep Program, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 08:58:25 AM »
Looks like a very interesting program!  Anyone????

Actual 1L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 09:17:14 AM »
Send me $500 and I'll send you an e-mail wishing you luck in law school.  It will probably give you similar results as the prep course.

Seriously, though, I would not do it.  I think if you spend some time talking to current law students, maybe search some of the old threads around here with current students discussing things, you'll be set.  Unless, of course, you have $1,000 to throw around.  Then you should take the course AND still send me the $500.  :)

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 10:28:10 AM »
I don't have 1k, I will search for the threads u mentioned....if you find it b4 I do please do link it here. Thanks

yiplong

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 10:32:52 AM »
Seriously, if you want to do prep before August, just buy some general books on law and read them and talk to some current LS students. Save your money!

SaTaNBuGG

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 03:15:40 PM »
I agree with actual1L.  Was told by a couple of friends who decided to take Law Preview, that mose of the material is covered during orentation.  Most of it is basic concepts and language to get to acclimated.  I'd say save that 1G and read books.  What I am looking for is Legal Writing course.  Any one know of a good one?

Mr. Pink

• LSD Obsessed
  • @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 03:37:21 PM »
I agree with actual1L.  Was told by a couple of friends who decided to take Law Preview, that mose of the material is covered during orentation.  Most of it is basic concepts and language to get to acclimated.  I'd say save that 1G and read books. What I am looking for is Legal Writing course.  Any one know of a good one?

If you find one post it here.
Mr. White: Smoke?
Mr. Pink: I quit.
[later]
Mr. Pink: What, you got one?

fpotus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 08:43:49 PM »
what about LEWS

wunder

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 12:40:47 PM »
My friend took it and thought it was all common-sense, good-student tips.  He said he would recommend it to people who anticipate being in the bottom half of the class but if you're strong academically (i.e. good study/notetaking skills), it probably wouldn't be worth it...

EDIT:  Talking about LEEWS, not BAR/BRI...

ACK!

• Sr. Citizen
  • RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 03:26:55 PM »
My friend took it and thought it was all common-sense, good-student tips.  He said he would recommend it to people who anticipate being in the bottom half of the class but if you're strong academically (i.e. good study/notetaking skills), it probably wouldn't be worth it...

EDIT:  Talking about LEEWS, not BAR/BRI...

LEEWS is the only prep that seems to get universally recommended by law students I've talked to.

Here's the (rather crappy) web site:

http://www.leews.com/
U Chi '09