Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Admitted students days?  (Read 478 times)

tcs5384

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Admitted students days?
« on: March 05, 2006, 11:34:18 PM »
Hey everybody... I've got a bunch of invitations for admitted students days, most of which are sometime around the same date.  So I'm wondering... are these days for people who are strongly considering the law school/have already made up their minds?  Should I go to just one or try to go to more than one?  Any thoughts?

sarmstrong806

Re: Admitted students days?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 01:43:21 AM »
I would try to hit the ones that have open bars.

tcs5384

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 03:59:09 AM »
Good idea.

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 04:08:39 PM »
I plan on getting hammered on the house at the WLU dinner, assuming it's not dry.  If it is dry, W&L immediately moves to the bottom of my list.

I'd go to as many admitted students days as you can reasonably fit into your schedule.  I've seen advice to visit each school you're visiting twice - once on a visiting students day, once on a normal day to see what it's like when they're not trying to sell it to you.  I think this is a bit much, but I plan on visiting any school I'd consider going to and see if I like it.  Why not (other than obvious vacation/travel/financial considerations)?  Just don't sign anything - especially if they have an open bar ;)
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

Tulane06

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 03:17:11 PM »
W&L has a cocktail hour before dinner. Though I doubt the dinner will be dry anyway.

Which date are you going?
In-- W&L-$$$, Notre Dame, Emory
WL-- UMich, Northwestern
??-- Columbia, Penn, Cornell, Georgetown, Texas, Vanderbilt, GW, Fordham, UGA, Florida