Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Santa Clara -- Ding  (Read 5225 times)

kree

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ures0lastsummer
    • View Profile
Re: Santa Clara -- Ding
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 09:18:22 PM »
i still haven't heard from santa clara, but people have mentioned that their admitted students day was this weekend. i'm guessing this means i'm either rejected or waitlisted.
sunny: ave maria $$, drexel $$$, catholic, wvu, hofstra, drake $$
rainy: american, uf, george mason, northeastern, miami
cloudy: pittsburgh, tenn, penn state, pacific (wd), loyola chicago, stetson
still forecasting: unlv, santa clara

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=krysr

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 02:20:43 AM »
don't lose hope...i called friday and my app is still in committee. so they're not done w/ their admissions yet.

Xmaize

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 11:07:52 AM »
I was rejected over the weekend. Not a HUGE suprised and it eased my mind, not having to think about how I was going to move to Cali from DC (though I would have made it happen had I been accepted). I'm still not in anywhere, 4 apps pending, so I'm pretty good and scared right about now. I haven't lost hope by any means, but it seems less and less easy to predict your chances from Median or 25%-75% numbers that a school posts. Nervous sums it up for me.  ???
GOTCHA:....:(
THANKS FOR TAKING MY APP $$: Temple, Denver, Loyola Chicago, DePaul, Drexel, Penn State, Northeastern, UNC, Santa Clara
BEING PAINFULLY PATIENT: NCCU, UNLV (PT), GSU (PT)
WAITLIST: Suffolk, NESL

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 02:56:11 PM »
^ hey at least you didn't move from dc to cali expecting to get into law school in cali and still haven't gotten any acceptances yet. that's what i did. :o i guess now i'll just say i moved out here to be w/ my bf.

Xmaize

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 03:05:39 PM »
Cali is more fun than DC any day though right?? Weather has a huge influence on my attitude, so maybe its just me. I'm sure your bf is so happy though. Mine is moving with me and I'm pretty thrilled (except...I'm still in nowhere!) Where are you waiting on in Cali? There is such a great range of schools there. Any PT programs? Is it just me, or is it sort of hard to tell what's going to happen based on a school's posted numbers? Any dings you didn't expect? Good luck with everything!
GOTCHA:....:(
THANKS FOR TAKING MY APP $$: Temple, Denver, Loyola Chicago, DePaul, Drexel, Penn State, Northeastern, UNC, Santa Clara
BEING PAINFULLY PATIENT: NCCU, UNLV (PT), GSU (PT)
WAITLIST: Suffolk, NESL

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 07:27:13 PM »
yea the weather effects my mood too. it was great to be able to go to the beach in January. I only applied to 3 schools because I wanted to stay in the SF bay area. So far I go one ding from Berkeley which I was expecting. I'm just surprised that my other two apps (Santa Clara/Pepperdine) are still in comittee. If I get rejected from Santa Clara I will not only be surprised but will try to appeal because my GPA is in their 25th perccentile and my LSAT is within their range. And yea my bf is so glad we are out here...i love the weather and the mountains but hate how people drive like maniacs out here!

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 07:31:05 PM »
yea the weather effects my mood too. it was great to be able to go to the beach in January. I only applied to 3 schools because I wanted to stay in the SF bay area. So far I go one ding from Berkeley which I was expecting. I'm just surprised that my other two apps (Santa Clara/Pepperdine) are still in comittee. If I get rejected from Santa Clara I will not only be surprised but will try to appeal because my GPA is in their 25th perccentile and my LSAT is within their range. And yea my bf is so glad we are out here...i love the weather and the mountains but hate how people drive like maniacs out here!

My LSAT was @ Santa Clara's 75% and my GPA was at their 25%. I applied to their PT prgm and I was dinged....

coquita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 07:39:51 PM »
How do you stay in the bay area if you go to pepperdine?

well if i don't get into santa clara i will move to go to pepperdine. but it's really unlikely that i will get into Pepperdine and not Santa Clara. and pepperdine is the only school that could lure me out of N. California.