Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Santa Clara -- Ding  (Read 5180 times)

hollypolisci

• View Profile
    • Email
Santa Clara -- Ding
« on: March 04, 2006, 09:16:27 PM »
With a 152 avg (153,151) and a 3.66 (3.71) I knew it was a crap shoot at any school, but I have to say I was shocked (and totally depressed) to get Dinged at SCU -- and Waitlised at USF, by the way.  With all of my other apps at UCs (Boalt, Davis, and Hastings (LEOP)) and Golden Gate, I am wondering if I will be going to law school at all?  I was hoping that SCU would be my safety school with a real Public Interest Program.  Any advice for the forlorn?

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Santa Clara -- Ding
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 09:18:53 PM »
With a 152 avg (153,151) and a 3.66 (3.71) I knew it was a crap shoot at any school, but I have to say I was shocked (and totally depressed) to get Dinged at SCU -- and Waitlised at USF, by the way.  With all of my other apps at UCs (Boalt, Davis, and Hastings (LEOP)) and Golden Gate, I am wondering if I will be going to law school at all?  I was hoping that SCU would be my safety school with a real Public Interest Program.  Any advice for the forlorn?

I'm sorry about SCU but if it makes you feel better, I had higher numbers than you & I got rejected from USF's pt program. At least they liked you enough to WL you...

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 10:54:56 PM »

I'm really sorry too! And kind of worried and wondering if I have a chance of getting in. 

rhombot

• Sr. Citizen
  • hanthala
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 11:57:01 PM »
there's still time to apply to other programs, such as: thomas jefferson (which reportedly
has a public interest orientation); CUNY; howard; and hofstra.
case '09

jbs

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 01:47:10 AM »

How were you informed of your waitlist status?  Was it via email or did you receive a letter in the mail?  I'm asking because your LSN info says you were waitlisted on 23 feb.  that was the same day I received an email from USF informing me they had not yet reached a decision on my file.  I'm just wondering if that was the day you got the waitlist letter or if that was the date the letter was postmarked.  thanks for any info!  and hang in there...a waitlist is just that.  it's better than a rejection and things could still turn out well!  good luck!
"i don't know what you're afraid of
i don't know what you've heard
get up, come on, let's do something
dontcha wanna know the Word"

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=jbs

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 11:46:36 AM »
got my rejection today

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 11:58:49 AM »
got my rejection today

I am so sorry :( :( :( Was it one of your top choices?

WfPck05

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 12:05:08 PM »
got my rejection today

Yes it was my top choice because I want to do IP but I guess no one thinks I'm a good enough candidate..

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 12:06:51 PM »
got my rejection today

Yes it was my top choice because I want to do IP but I guess no one thinks I'm a good enough candidate..

Don't give up yet! How many schools are you waiting for and which ones are they? Maybe you have a really good chance at those schools. Sometimes a longer wait is a good sign....

pinkybella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 12:09:11 PM »
got my rejection today

Don't give up yet! How many schools are you waiting for and which ones are they? Maybe you have a really good chance at those schools. Sometimes a longer wait is a good sign....

I saw your response to this question in the other thread. I think you have an excellent shot at cal western & southwestern. So don't worry, you'll get in somewhere. :)