Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Did UVA forget...  (Read 935 times)

vinylisbetter

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Did UVA forget...
« on: March 04, 2006, 12:03:51 PM »
... that they're in the middle of an admissions cycle?  According to LSN, no acceptance, denial, or waitlist since 2/18.  Is it all over now, baby blue?

whitearbiter

• View Profile
Re: Did UVA forget...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 04:22:21 PM »
I'm on the same boat as you, with my UVA app sent out practically the same date as you and with somewhat lower numbers (most likely offset by being in-state and an alum).

I have received nothing at all... and I was hoping that UVa would give me a decision so I can sit back and relax over spring break and move on with life. A friend of mine with a 167/3.63 got in almost immediately back in late January and I was hoping that I'd be either rejected/accepted soon...

I'm not sure about out-of-staters, but from what I heard from a law student out there, UVa saves the borderline kids for last so they can pick off a few gems from the big morass of borderline apps. A lot of the rejects/wait-lists and most of the presumptive acceptances apparently have already gone out.

To say the least, even if we do get in, we're going to get table scraps in terms of money...

Although right now, I'd ditch my scholarship and in-state status @ W&M in a heartbeat if UVA accepted me.

Best of luck.
Accepted: *W&M$$*, W&L, GWU, GMU, Richmond
Waitlisted: UVA
Rejected: Duke

3.59(3.65 final)/165

PHSextemp

• AOL Instant Messenger - PHSextemp
    • View Profile
    • My blog
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 07:50:37 PM »
Yeah, I went complete November 17th or so with 168/3.95 and haven't heard ANYTHING from them.  They are really one of my top choices and right now they are just breaking my heart.  HURRY UP UVA.
3.95/168  ATTENDING NYU!!!
In: Berkeley, Washington/Lee ($$$), UNC ($$), NYU
Waitlisted: Michigan, Chicago, UVa
Given the boot: Yale
Pending: Duke
http://nyuseejd.blogspot.com

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 08:07:56 PM »
Given my LSAT right at their 25% and my creamy white skin... I am taking the fact that they HAVENT yet dinged me as a good, albeit long shot full of hope, sign.
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

DS8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 08:11:30 PM »
I got rejected this week.

whitearbiter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 12:54:05 AM »
Yeah, 165 and 3.59 is somewhere in their 15-20% which would usually be a presumptive reject... and being an 'overrepresented minority' (Korean-American) simply does not help me at all. I wouldn't be surprised if that's going to be part of those unsaid reasons why my app got rejected...

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I get in even if I do have a snowball's chance in hell. I submitted 12/7 and went complete 12/15 although they did not receive my in-state stuff until 1/5 which prolly accounts for some of the delay... but it's my spring break. Dammit, I want a response.

Right now though, short of a miracle, I'm 90% sure I'm headed out to W&M with in-state tuition and $8k scholarship. A good deal, but not UVA. I'd love three more years in Cville.
Accepted: *W&M$$*, W&L, GWU, GMU, Richmond
Waitlisted: UVA
Rejected: Duke

3.59(3.65 final)/165

JamesD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 12:38:34 PM »
Just heard today. Accepted.  The factors:  URM/162/3.9/Ivy/TFA/etc. 

Stephon Devante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 12:51:54 PM »
Congrats... wonderful school. You leaning towards going there?
Paradiso: Vanderbilt ($$), UNC ($$), Wake Forest ($$$$), William & Mary ($$)
Purgatorio: Duke (WL), Northwestern (WL)
Inferno: Texas, Michigan, Penn, Cornell, Virginia

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?&cycle=0506&user=sdevante

allthatjazz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006, 05:32:19 PM »
I am in the same boat JD.  Virginia is my "dream" school but if I get admitted I can not afford it without some financial aid.  I already received an acceptance for Duke but have yet to hear anything from them concerning financial aid.  Hopefully they will help me out some too.  :-\
What is history but a fable agreed upon?

UVa class of 09.

JamesD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 05:40:45 PM »
Same situation.  Still waiting to hear about financial aid from Duke.  I'm beginning to regret not applying to Cornell (if I had gotten in... Cornell gives out some pretty big need-based grants).  Good luck with financial aid at Duke--- I'm praying for the same thing.