Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Information about University at Buffalo?  (Read 664 times)

GwenK

• View Profile
Information about University at Buffalo?
« on: March 04, 2006, 10:47:30 AM »
I'm looking for information about University at Buffalo. My application has only been in for a couple weeks, and I'm dying to know how long the process usually takes for acceptance or (gasp!) rejection/waitlist/deferral.

Anyone out there know the deal with UB?

Also, any tips for meeting with the Dean? I am headed to the school this week for a tour and a few interviews.

lmc08

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Information about University at Buffalo?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 09:14:55 PM »
Hi Gwen,

I'm currently a 1L (rising 2L) at UB. The application process really depends on the applicant pool, anywhere between 4-8 weeks (sometimes longer, if you are on the waitlist, they'll notify you). I applied on March 15th and didn't receive the acceptance until the very last week of May.

Do you know which Dean you will be meeting with? From my own experience thus far, all the Deans have been more than helpful. One of the reasons why I have chosen this school is because the administration seemed very approachable.

I see that you're also a non-tradition student (or so I assume). We have several non-traditional students in my year. Some people are in their 50's, and one guy is in his 60's. I myself have worked a few years before coming to law school. Most students, however, are coming straight out of college or worked for one year in between.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.