Law School Discussion

Michigan waitlist

Re: Michigan waitlist
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2006, 04:11:47 AM »
Also waitlisted  :-\

Umich is my dream school, thanks for thinking about withdrawing, Reaching! :)

For those of you who currently plan on staying on the waitlist but later become certain that you will not attend Umich or would not want to wait any longer for a decision because of other great acceptances, Id greatly appreciate it if you could promptly withdraw from the waitlist. :) 

There's no $$$ involved here, so I thought it's safe for me to politely ask.  I hate making such pleas to increase my admission chances, but a Umich acceptance would bring me to tears!!

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2006, 11:56:05 AM »
I am also waitlisted. Probably will stay on. Actually, on second thought, I'm prolly going to Boalt. So I'm withdrawing.

Evo

• Miami Skyline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2006, 02:46:58 PM »
yay! for all you people withdrawing, and giving me a shot at the T14

nmb238

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2006, 04:19:49 PM »
got the waitlist also.

i was REALLY surprised by how many people on LSN were WL'd. i mean, its gotta be more than 70 people, which kinda undermines the whole "this is a select group who probably would have gotten in any other year...." crap. 80 on LSN, means minimum 250 in real life, right?
i also see no logic to it: low LSATs and high alike were put on this waitlist, so I am just not so sure how they worked this is all out.

but yeah it sucks. i was definitely hoping to end up there maybe. ill stay on for a while longer, but i probably wont hold out through the summer

~n

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2006, 07:18:45 PM »
This person got into Harvard and got the Hamilton at Columbia.  WL'd at Michigan.  Go figure.

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=queyla

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2006, 08:44:25 PM »
got the waitlist also.

i was REALLY surprised by how many people on LSN were WL'd. i mean, its gotta be more than 70 people, which kinda undermines the whole "this is a select group who probably would have gotten in any other year...." crap. 80 on LSN, means minimum 250 in real life, right?
i also see no logic to it: low LSATs and high alike were put on this waitlist, so I am just not so sure how they worked this is all out.

but yeah it sucks. i was definitely hoping to end up there maybe. ill stay on for a while longer, but i probably wont hold out through the summer

~n

What the hell do they mean by saying they "keep the waitlist small."  >:( 
And this is only the "first round" of waitlists...there's going to be even more on the list when April rolls around.

nmb238

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2006, 11:10:10 PM »
yeah its just upsetting- the tone of the email was so awesome, i wasnt at all upset when i was done reading it! I was like "wow, so honest, so straightforward, so nice... it seems like theyre really going to just see how much room they have!"

and then i look on LSN, and it seems upwards of 100 people got this private, small email. i dunno. just a shame.

as soon as i hear from someplace id really rather be at, im coming off that waitlist.

~n

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2006, 07:05:10 AM »
I should probably expect a ding soon, then. :(  *holds out some hope*

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2006, 01:06:45 PM »
I got the waitlist e-mail on Friday.  For those who are desperate to go to Michigan, I'm going to withdraw there (as well as at Northwestern) because I frankly just don't see myself going to Michigan, especially if I'm going to have to wait around all summer to find out my status.  Probably headed to Duke if I get in, or Vandy, or somewhere on scholarship.  BTW, I had a 171... probably missed out because I didn't do any of the extra essays.  I know Michigan is a great law school but it really didn't excite me all that much.

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2006, 02:26:39 PM »
I got the waitlist e-mail on Friday.  For those who are desperate to go to Michigan, I'm going to withdraw there (as well as at Northwestern) because I frankly just don't see myself going to Michigan, especially if I'm going to have to wait around all summer to find out my status.  Probably headed to Duke if I get in, or Vandy, or somewhere on scholarship.  BTW, I had a 171... probably missed out because I didn't do any of the extra essays.  I know Michigan is a great law school but it really didn't excite me all that much.

I love you.