Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 11069 times)

california_native

• View Profile
Re: Michigan Admitted Students Weekends: Roll-Call and Meet-up!
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2006, 05:13:59 PM »
say yeah - YAY CYHSY!!!  ;D I've got a soft spot for them since I discovered them right around the time I finally got all my apps done back in October.

Is anyone who's going to the first weekend going to be getting there early? I'm taking a redeye so I'll be there by 11 am or noon on Thursday. Would love to not be wandering around by myself until 2 pm. Heh.

2Legit

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2006, 06:38:34 PM »
I'll be there around 1 pm or so. Probably hang around the hotel with my luggage until they let me check in.
In: Cardozo, Fordham, U Mich, Cornell
Out: Columbia, Penn, NYU
Waitlist: Northwestern

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2006, 09:39:53 PM »
I'll be at DTW by 11:30, does anyone know what hotel we are supposed to be staying at?
HLS '09

!!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2006, 12:32:55 AM »
I'll be at DTW by 11:30, does anyone know what hotel we are supposed to be staying at?

I'm at the Bell Tower.  You should have gotten an email.

assembletheways

« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2006, 12:48:57 AM »
Hmmm... I am staying at the Lawyer's Club. I wonder if that is a "real" hotel. ;)

I will be arriving in very eary (to save money).  A friend has offered to take me to two of his classes.  The first starts at 11.  He's a friendly guy and I am sure other people are welcome to join us.

I am a fan of meeting earlier rather than later, but it doesn't really matter that much to me. 

I am also willing to swap my phone number and a pic.

Btw, say yeah, I now have a certain song stuck in my mind.  It's one of those songs that sticks around for days.  The lyrics are easy enough.  :) It's a great song.

Sweeny

• ...and the cartoon menace was no more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2006, 03:44:31 AM »
say yeah - YAY CYHSY!!!  ;D I've got a soft spot for them since I discovered them right around the time I finally got all my apps done back in October.

Is anyone who's going to the first weekend going to be getting there early? I'm taking a redeye so I'll be there by 11 am or noon on Thursday. Would love to not be wandering around by myself until 2 pm. Heh.

Yeah I'm actually going to be flying in Weds. 

If anyone wants phone #, pic whatever just let me know, I think it would be fun and an all-around good idea to get to know a few potential classmates

I will be the young dude with his mom in tow :D  Hope I'm not the only one with a parent tagging along but hey, I'm young, she's helping pay, I can use the input, and I'm going to be visiting at least 3 schools over 7 days which could be less fun solo though during the mich weekend she will prolly do her own thing.  This coming week is my spring break so we are doing the complete tour.  I am going to be visiting Penn, Mich, Harvard for sure..still debating a drive-through of GULC.  I'll post comparisons/impressions after I get through it all

Also, while in Ann Arbor I am definately hitting up the hockey games fri and saturday nights.  Anyone else consider this?  Its consolation for me since I am going to miss my current team's games..and we are on NCAA bubble right now, a good weekend will get us in for sure!  Anyways, wherever I end up hockey is one thing I always make time for so I gotta check it out!  Also going attend an AHL game in Philly while there...yeah, a hockey game is my happy place~  Mich will get bonus points for intramurals  ;D  Seriously though, its gonna be a tough call.  Two great schools...I am really really hoping these visits help me decide because man...I know I am going to be second-guessing myself no matter where I end up.  It helps a ton that its much more likely that I will absolutely love both rather than being underwhelmed by both.  Still, I wish I could *attend* both..there's so much each has to offer..sigh.. 
In: Georgetown, Penn ($$$$), Michigan ($$$), Cornell ($$$$$), Minnesota($$$)

Steve.jd

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'm edumacated now, still not photogenic though
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2006, 01:03:45 PM »

I'm at the Bell Tower.  You should have gotten an email.

Yeah I emailed them, and they responded within 20 minutes with all of the information...YAY for nice/competent staffs :)

I'll be staying at the lawyers club...email said everyone gets a private room which sounded good...
HLS '09

Ocean Blue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2006, 03:20:36 PM »
2nd weekend
frontrunner
Arriving on the 22nd, leaving on the 26th
Bell Tower for me
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ocnblu6

168/3.62
Accepted: Michigan, UT-Austin($$$), USC, NotreDame($$$) W&L($$$), Boston U, UCLA
Pending: UVA, LLS, Duke, Penn
Rejected: Boalt, Chicago
Waitlisted: Georgetown

gvn2fly

• AOL Instant Messenger - mfcrvm99
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2006, 08:51:55 PM »
Just a heads up -- if any of you are flying in for the first Preview Weekend this Thu, you'd better call and reserve a SelectRide shuttle ASAP -- they ask for 48 hrs advance notice.

gertrude

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2006, 12:11:29 AM »
alrighty, in addition to the pic and phone number deal, here's some identifying info (I feel like I'm arranging a sleazy myspace meetup :) )-  I'll be the girl in the sling with her boyfriend likely in tow, so feel free to randomly say hi.  ;D