Case Western Scholarships????

divotjr

• Shamrock and Roll!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sundvl2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Case Western Scholarships????
« on: March 02, 2006, 09:43:21 AM »
The admissions office said that $$$$$ offers were set to go out this week (03-01-06), so I was wondering if anyone has recieved an offer?

Barney

• 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
Re: Case Western Scholarships????
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 11:39:05 AM »
Just their e-mail promising something by the end of March. 

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 11:42:45 AM »
I got my offer via email Tuesday.

divotjr

• Shamrock and Roll!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sundvl2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 12:07:17 PM »
Just their e-mail promising something by the end of March. 

I got that email as well.... The only problem I have is that both other schools i am considering want decisions by April 1st. I am picturing a scenario in my head where i get some massive scholarship from Case but already made deposits elsewhere. I know I could withdraw the seat deposit (but not have them refunded), but i'd rather not have too (seems unethical to me). Okay, enough venting for now. Thanks for the responses thus far.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 08:55:22 PM »
I also have not yet heard anything, though I received a Case t-shirt the other day. FYI, the daily news in Cleveland recently has been reporting on Case's severe finanical troubles; today, the faculty passed a vote of no-confidence for the president. I am thinking this may not be a good sign in terms of financial aid. But what a nice t-shirt!

john83

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 08:56:51 PM »
how come they're leaving me out in the dark. i honestly expected to have heard something from them by now.

Barney

• 1L who should have better things to do
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 06:36:07 AM »
And where the hell is my t-shirt? Shouldn't a school in Cleveland, of all places, go out of their way to be helpful?  This is like the ugly girl playing hard to get.

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 05:39:53 AM »
I recieved a partial scholarship offer/notification by email this past Thursday (March 2). There's still plenty of time for them to get those letters and emails out.

I did however find this tidbit from the email interesting:

"Please know that this is the most competitive year ever for applicants in our 110-year history.  As a result, competition for our scholarships is extremely intense this year." 

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2006, 10:18:30 AM »
I, too, got the t-shirt.  Also got an invite to a food/drink related function at a near-to-campus jazz club.  $5/all you can eat/drink for soul-food and Jazz last night.

What I really want is some $$$ on the table.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2006, 08:37:37 PM »
I just got a scholarship offer through email today for 26,000 for three years and only need to keep a 2.33 gpa.