Law School Discussion

William Mitchell- Admitted Students Day?

Re: William Mitchell- Admitted Students Day?
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 12:43:29 PM »
Looks like it will be just me.  My hubby was going to come, but turns out that we couldn't find a babysitter.  I'll have to tag along with you all if you don't mind!  I didn't get the magazine, but what great news.  I smell financial aid money :)

Take the later class!!!!

You all working over the summer? 

law09

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 12:45:38 PM »
For the most part I'm decided on WM. Going to the St. Thomas admitted students day tomorrow. Bringing the BF to both. I also got the mailing yesterday and am pleased to see the endowment. I also read something on the WM Web site about how they have over enrolled the past couple years and are going to try to curtail that, which will in turn help them out in rankings...

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 12:58:22 PM »
Yeah, I was definitely thinking that. I spoke with the Admissions person at another MN school who offered me significantly less $$$ and she said that Mitchell was probably going to try to get their rankings up - and that was why they're offering more dinero this year...

I was surprised that they offered me decent $$$. My LSAT is not so great. But my GPA is pretty good...

Anyway, I was really happy to read about that endowment - it's good to hear they're keeping up with the surrounding schools.

I could be persuaded to take the later in the evening class. The registration form didn't ask you to select a time preference, so I'm still undecided. I just know that my goal is to not work this summer. Just volunteer, work on the Fulbright app process, and take the summer class.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2006, 01:00:22 PM »
For the most part I'm decided on WM. Going to the St. Thomas admitted students day tomorrow. Bringing the BF to both. I also got the mailing yesterday and am pleased to see the endowment. I also read something on the WM Web site about how they have over enrolled the past couple years and are going to try to curtail that, which will in turn help them out in rankings...

Let me know how the St. Thomas day goes. They're not my first choice, and I can only afford to take one Friday off right now, so I won't be going to that one...but I still want to hear impressions and if you feel swayed at all.

Are you guys planning on living close to W Mitchell (if you go there)?

dodo97

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006, 01:04:01 PM »
You already know this, but I'll be there along with (I think) one of my friends from UG that is accepted as well. There's one at Hamline the following weekend and they actually said they'd put me up in a hotel for two nights if I went, but I don't want to have to make that drive on back-to-back weekends and I'm reasonably sure I don't want to attend Hamline anyway. I don't know about him, but no one else is going with me unless my Mom decides to at the last minute. She only lives about a half-hour away and doesn't work on Fridays, so we'll see.

I got that magazine, as well. No summer school for me. I'm going to enjoy the summer as much as I can and go out in style before moving onto the next phase of my life.

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2006, 01:05:54 PM »
Yes, definitely let us know how the St. Thomas one goes!  I didn't get any money from either, but I'm looking on the bright side...never mind, I can't find one!

Don't you have to send in your tuition money when you send in the registration form?  Just curious.

I'll be living out in Eden Prairie.  La mujer - you live in Bloomington right?

Hey dodo!  Long time, no talk!  Is your friend the one you had mentioned to me earlier.

Looks like there will be six of us then!

dodo97

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 01:08:52 PM »
Are you guys planning on living close to W Mitchell (if you go there)?

A good friend of mine is buying a townhouse in Rosemount and I could live with him and commute, but if not, I want to get an apartment within walking distance.

law09

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006, 01:10:10 PM »
Do you think it would be worth it to take significant $$ at Hamline contingent on maintaining a 3.0 over WM? WM has better placement and reputation, but it's tempting. Any thoughts? I can't make it to Hamline's day, so if anyone goes let me know.

dodo97

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2006, 01:12:31 PM »
Hey Jvan... work has been hell the last couple of weeks... just gotta get basketball season over with and then it's cruise control from then on... Yeah, it's the same guy. He grew up very close by, so I suppose there is a chance his brother or parents could be there. But we're both registered and ready to go!

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2006, 01:17:11 PM »
That is great dodo!  I bet you are busy.  Seriously again, you have my husbands dream job.  Heard from U W yet? 

Do you think it would be worth it to take significant $$ at Hamline contingent on maintaining a 3.0 over WM? WM has better placement and reputation, but it's tempting. Any thoughts? I can't make it to Hamline's day, so if anyone goes let me know.

I am having a similar dillemia...although my Hamiline $$$ isn't that great, but still significant.  My main concern is that since they gave out so much contingent upon maintaining a 3.0, there will be a ton of people (me included possibly) who lose it after year one.  Know what I mean?