Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I need advice!  (Read 1271 times)

awoolf

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: I need advice!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 11:50:12 PM »
I just got done looking into those courses. the closest one to me is about 65 miles away from my house. I looked at kaplan and testmaster. they are about the same in price (around 1200 dollars). I really think that this would help me get prepared. Is this they way to go about it?

awoolf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2006, 12:00:40 AM »
northern utah!

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2006, 08:11:08 AM »
If you haven't studied at all yet, you may very well do fine studying on your own.  I'd say that there is no need to rush into a class yet until you've stuied and taken at least a few preptests on your own. 

dodo97

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2006, 12:08:49 AM »
I got a 153 on my first test (taken under testing time/conditions) after reading two chapters of the Logic Reasoning Bible and nothing else. Within four weeks of having done nothing more than reading more of that book, I took a few more and all were in the 159-161 range. Then I got the Logic Games Bible and my last three practice scores were 164-168-168. This was with no class and only buying two books (the LG Bible and a book of official LSAT prep tests... I had the LR Bible on PDF). So you could very easily score significantly better without spending the cash on a course. I would, without question, get the two Powerscore Bibles.

Of course, then I take the December LSAT, get the same amount of questions right (with the same number of total questions) as I did on both of my 168s, but the curve from hell rears its ugly head and it's only good for a 163. But if I would've had just another two weeks to study on my own (I didn't finish the last three chapters of the LR Bible) I probably would've done better. I just decided too late to take it and wanted to make sure I'd get in this admission cycle.