Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Experienced litigator w/o law school  (Read 1719 times)

anonymous

Experienced litigator w/o law school
« on: January 06, 2004, 08:33:36 PM »
This message was deleted at the request of the author.

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
Re: Experienced litigator w/o law school
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 01:18:56 PM »
If I understand your situation correctly, you just need a degree from any school that will get you a seat at the bar exam of your choice. Look for evening programs in your area.  It will take you 3-4 years to complete that type program.  The upside is that you will be able to continue working full time.  In California you can do a distance learning program.  I don't know if that is an option in other states.

Your LSAT score is too old to be valid and your GPA would put you out of the running at 1st and 2nd tier schools. Some non-ABA schools do not require LSAT scores but you will be limited in your choice of bar exams.

I have about 30 evening and distance learning schools listed on my website.  www.lawschoolafterdark.com.

There is a school for almost anyone.  You just have to explore options.

Marnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 09:34:04 AM »
I agree -- try a part-time program and do not be discouraged about your age factor. I am even older than you are -- by more than 10 years --and have talked to various schools who WANT older applicants. They seek them! One school in the NY area told me they graduated a 73 year old recently and honored him at graduation! You have clearly succeeded in the field of law already and will be a catch for a decent school. After all, I am not convinced older students are aiming to land beginner positions at big firms. You are there! And if you can even consider stepping out of state for a while, perhaps arranging a PT commute and living arrangement, you'll find more and more options.
Congratulations -- and don't give up. You will add so much to a school and the field and consumers NEED you...good luck!   

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 06:13:36 PM »
I have expanded the list of evening programs on my site to include over 60 schools.

www.lawschoolafterdark.com