Law School Discussion

2 FAFSA questions

Goodfella Aaron

2 FAFSA questions
« on: March 01, 2006, 10:00:12 PM »
I'm a FAFSA idiot, I had a scholarship UG so this is my first time filling it out. Pardon the stupidity.

I did what the consensus on this board was and to add a 7th school I deleted one and put the other in its place. This means all 7 schools have my info now right?

Harvard says they take care of your financial aid once you're admitted. That said, should I bother putting them on my FAFSA? I already put the other 7 schools where I'm still in the running or in.

Re: 2 FAFSA questions
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 01:16:15 PM »
Once you've made a correction and the correction has been processed, the new school has your info.  If you aren't admitted to a school yet, send them your info anyways.  A lot of schools stil have priority deadlines!

Goodfella Aaron

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 02:54:47 PM »
Once you've made a correction and the correction has been processed, the new school has your info.  If you aren't admitted to a school yet, send them your info anyways.  A lot of schools stil have priority deadlines!

Thanks! Duke (the school I deleted) still has my info, right? And Harvard says they do financial aid decisions only once you're admitted so I think they're a special case.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 05:07:44 PM »
Yup,once it has been sent once the school always has it.  Unless a school specifically says NOT to submit finaid info until you've been admitted, always submit it ahead of time. That said, no school will look at it until you've been admitted (because it would be a waste of time to review all of that info for a student who was rejected! :))