Law School Discussion

am i getting dinged at bu?

Re: am i getting dinged at bu?
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2006, 01:49:10 AM »
agh this is so frustrating!  i called them today after seeing that they were making decisions from lsn, and they told me my application was still "complete"; ive been complete since early november so ive been waiting forever; i guess i should be grateful i haven't been dinged yet but its still so hard to have to wait this long, especially since it's my top choice (ive told them this) and even though ive gotten into several t14 schools, in the end id rather be in boston at bu; am i likely waitlisted or dinged? 

Damn, this makes me nervous.  I need to call the admissions office this monday!

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 08:02:37 AM »
Does BU always send complete notices?

I haven't gotten one, maybe I should call...

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2006, 08:16:06 AM »
Does BU always send complete notices?

I haven't gotten one, maybe I should call...

I received a complete post card, even though I didn't mail in any labels or anything. 

john83

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2006, 10:41:14 AM »
agh this is so frustrating!  i called them today after seeing that they were making decisions from lsn, and they told me my application was still "complete"; ive been complete since early november so ive been waiting forever; i guess i should be grateful i haven't been dinged yet but its still so hard to have to wait this long, especially since it's my top choice (ive told them this) and even though ive gotten into several t14 schools, in the end id rather be in boston at bu; am i likely waitlisted or dinged? 

i'm with you on this one. everyone else is getting accepted, and i'm getting nothing. i don't think it means a ding, they've sent out enough of those recently. the fact we're still in committee is a good sign, when compared to getting rejected. i don't know about you, but i'm thinking i'm getting waitlisted.

hopefully, for both of us, the outcome is different.

pgcc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2006, 11:17:03 AM »
To the OP. Why are you so intent on BU? Just wondering if there is a specific reason. I know its a good law school but you said you've been accepted at several good schools so why are you so worried about being accepted at Boston?

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2006, 11:26:57 AM »
I didn't receive a post card either.  I called BU on 2/24 and they mentioned that I was complete and that a decision had been made on that day.  They said that I would receive the letter last week, but so far no call or letter.

From what I've heard, it is not uncommon to never hear from a school.

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2006, 11:50:34 AM »
To the OP. Why are you so intent on BU? Just wondering if there is a specific reason. I know its a good law school but you said you've been accepted at several good schools so why are you so worried about being accepted at Boston?

several reasons; to start, i am really interested in pursuing health law and bu has one of the best health law programs in the nation/world; i have also been living in boston since graduation ('04 grad) and really love the city and my life here; also, my significant other is here, and i have lots of friends and family in the area; given my interest in health law, and my reasons for wanting to be in boston, plus my experience visiting the school, it is my top choice

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2006, 12:54:50 PM »
Just to add fuel to the fire...

I called BU today and got a perky voiced woman.  I asked her about my app, and she replied that I'm still complete, but that I should hear back from the committee really soon, by the end of the week.

GULP - this doesn't sound so good, does it?  If I were accepted, they would've called by now...instead a waitlist/rejection is in the mail.

Anyway, some of you will hear from BU soon.

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »
Not to make this more agonizing than it already is, but FYI they don't call all of their acceptances....

Mr. Pink

• @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2006, 01:43:11 PM »
I think you'll get in.