Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: "Dear LSAC"  (Read 1302 times)

newy

"Dear LSAC"
« on: July 28, 2004, 08:45:50 PM »
My recommender sent me a copy of the letter that he sent off to LSAC today.  He begins it "Dear LSAC".  Otherwise, its a really great letter, but this opening concerns me.  Shouldn't it be "To Whom It May Concern" or "Dear Admissions Committee"? Or will schools understand?

Any input would be helpful as I should contact him soon to ask for a correction if that is necessary.  Thanks.

thebengalgent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: "Dear LSAC"
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 09:12:54 PM »
I don't think you have too much to worry about, but I would call up LSAC tomorrow and ask them for their advice.  They will be only glad to replace the old one with the revised one if that's what you want.  If it were me, I'd probably ask the professor to revise it, provided it was saved on a PC.

Good luck.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: "Dear LSAC"
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 12:40:14 PM »
Why would this even be a big deal?  Recommenders generally tend to write letters to the person who's address is on the envelope, which, if you're using lsdas for recs, is lsac.  I'm pretty damn sure that adcoms are more interested in what the letter says about you, and NOT who the letter is addressed to(in the case of lsac vs. law school admissions)