Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: the low down on working back in canada with a T14 US JD  (Read 1073 times)

omake_don

• i'm going to law school, but i'd rather be a ninja
    • View Profile
    • Email
the low down on working back in canada with a T14 US JD
« on: March 01, 2006, 01:04:28 PM »
can someone point me to a good authoritative source or give me the straight essentials?

cause i think i'll get a better (read: more prestiegous) education but i much rather stay in canada long term.
i'm spicy in that non-offensive and mysterious way that all the ladies.. SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Melatonin

• View Profile
Re: the low down on working back in canada with a T14 US JD
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 12:25:14 AM »
You may get a better education with a US T14 JD but the problem isn't quality it's relevency.  I do not know a whole lot but if you want to do International Law or something of the sort then maybe it's not a big deal but chances are you are going to have to take some courses that allow you to be called to the appropriate bar in a Canadian province.  If you want to stay in Canada long-term, hit up U of T or Osgoode or one of the better schools.  If you're good enough to get into a T14, apply for the JD/LLB program at Osgood and NYU then you'll be laughing.  You you go to the states notwithstanding a joint JD/LLB, you're not going to come back without a serious hassle.

Good luck.
It's a Good Life if you Don't Weaken